Don't dismiss the NCAA Tournament talk...

We aren't making the NCAA tournament. When we get invited to the NIT I hope we decline. We are an NCAA tournament caliber team, and there won't be any excitement for our NIT games.

You couldn't be more wrong about the NIT. You honestly won't watch or care if we win?

We aren't making the NCAA tournament. When we get invited to the NIT I hope we decline. We are an NCAA tournament caliber team, and there won't be any excitement for our NIT games.

What? Best thing for us would be to win it.

Iowa's probably going to be the best team in that tournament. Wouldn't be shocked at all if we won it. So, yay!

i've said it a million times.

My sons are 9 and 11. They do not remember good iowa basketball teams.

I would be happy to take them to the NIT home game this year (took em last year), but would be happier to explain to them that the team they've been watching is better than the NIT, and made the real tournament.

Regardless, one year from now, they'll know.

If Iowa can make it into the NCAAs without beating anyone in the top 30 of the RPI, that would be amazing.

If Iowa can make it into the NCAAs without beating anyone in the top 30 of the RPI, that would be amazing.

Ummmm

Middle Tenn best win Ole Miss #50 (only other top 100 win Central Fl who is 100 at this writing)
Ole Miss best win #34 Missouri (twice but none other in top 50)
St marys best win #27 Creighton (and none other in top 50)
Alabama 0 top 50 wins
Umass wins over 40 and 41 LaSalle/Temple

Someone has to make it in.

I really hope this is the tiebreaker for the bubble, because Iowa beat #28 WIS. Several bubble teams have not beat a top 50 team, let alone top 30. I don't really understand why people think Iowa is the only team on the bubble with flaws. Every team on the bubble has major flaws in their resume.

Every year I feel like the team that wins the NIT proves they should have been in the Dance. They can thumb their noses at the talking heads, haters, committee, etc. and say "We tried to tell you but no one would listen." So if we are in the NIT then I sure as he!! want to win it...and I will be thumbing my nose if we do.

If Iowa is NIT bound, then I hope motivation is there. I have seen many a decent team get in the NIT and lose 1st round because they had not motivation or focus to play (aka didn't want to be there)

If Iowa is NIT bound, then I hope motivation is there. I have seen many a decent team get in the NIT and lose 1st round because they had not motivation or focus to play (aka didn't want to be there)

I think this is more of a problem when a team was lauded throughout the season and has key players which are seniors that wanted to go out dancing. Think Minnesota...if they slipped to the NIT.

This whole "I hope we decline the NIT" crap needs to stop. Look at where the program has been in the past years and look where it is now. Iowa definitely has a chance to win the NIT if they're not selected for the NCAA which puts Iowa ahead of where it's been the last few years by leaps and bounds and also looks good to the recruits.

Any real fans would hope for the most success these players can get and pray to god that it lights a fire under their ***** for next year and the future.

I really hope this is the tiebreaker for the bubble, because Iowa beat #28 WIS. Several bubble teams have not beat a top 50 team, let alone top 30. I don't really understand why people think Iowa is the only team on the bubble with flaws. Every team on the bubble has major flaws in their resume.

I wasn't picking on iowa. I should have said its amazing that you can still make the NCAA tournament without having a top 30 win.

If Iowa goes to the NIT I will care more about the NIT then the NCAA. If Iowa goes to the NCAA I won't even have the 1st clue about what's happening in the NIT.

Is Fran drunk too?

"I think it's clear with what we have done that we should be in the NCAA Tournament," said McCaffery. "I respect the job the committee has, I know it's difficult, and there are a lot of other folks that feel the same way, but when you look at all the numbers, they bare out that we should be in.

"I don't think you want to lock into one particular number, you want to look at all of them, and if you do that, you see where we stack up."

Right after this he said Oglesby was the best shooter he had ever seen.

Each year the committee is different but more than once in the past the committee has basically scolded teams for weak nonconference schedules. Beyond that Iowa is deserving so it will depend on this particular committee. It's a factor that is controllable by the team/coach. This was discussed before the season and more than a few were concerned.

69th best team in the nation!

Every year you can count on someone to make this ridiculous statement.

So...you are saying that every single team in the NCAA tournament is better than the team that wins the NIT?
Your credibility = none.

Latest posts