Don't Dismiss the B.J. Armstrong Talk

I suspect Jon knows more about what is going on than he can publicly put out there. This BJ thread is purely misdirection.

Two reasons why BJ won't be the choice:
No coaching experience, not even as an assistant.
He is an NBA agent, no school would touch this with a ten foot pole.

i still don't see him as HC material (cause i think he wants to do other things), but i definitely can see him as a short term assistant.
jon, i see it the same. the longer this goes, anything's possible.

B.J. Armstrong has 3 NBA Championship rings and played for Tom Davis and Phil Jackson. How are those two for mentors? B.J. is also well-connected; he's Derrick Rose's agent, for crying out loud! B.J. could find Division I level talent to play at Iowa, which is what the program needs. Barta, think outside the mid-major box and hire an Iowa guy to coach IOWA! How can Iowa get turned down by Greg Marshall and not even interview B.J. Armstrong?Ridiculous!

wow this was an epic thread and created by the creator himself...turns out it was a fail but it did inspire the les jepsen thread to be created which was epic

Hell, if we'd known Hoiberg was going to get the gig in Ames, BJ could've been hired with no thoughts about him being under-qualified!

Latest posts