Dolphin Tweet: Stanley To Start

Lots of football to play. Would not be surprised if we see Weigers on Saturday at some point. Just because Stanley is starting now doesn't mean he will finish the season there. If the race was as close as all the coaches said I don't think there will be much hesitation if Stanley struggles or is a little banged up. doesn't matter to me as long as they get results.

barring injury Stanley will take every snap. needs the reps. His first game. Needs full game out of the chute. No matter what the score.

I'm glad they finally got this settled. I was getting worried and losing sleep over this. Can you imagine if we didn't have someone to hand off to Wadley and Butler? We'd be screwed.

Cue the "Wiegers to _________" rumors...
He's a biomedical engineering major at one of the top med schools in the country who knows he'll likely never play a real snap in a P5 school. He's not going anywhere.

No way he tranfers to an FCS school just to get beat up for a year before he starts a $150K/year real job.

Stanley starting is the right move. He's got an extra year over Wiegers which is huge in my opinion.

I'd rather have one learning year and two productive years out of a sophomore than to have Wiegers potentially shit the bed and do this whole thing again next year. Wiegers is on his 4th year and has never played a meaningful snap, time to cut bait.

Graduate with one year to play. I'm rumor-mongering to Harbaugh U
Ha... JR going there like he did was the perfect storm of Harbaugh needing a stop gap type of QB since there wasn't a QB on roster that fit his system (at least not one he'd recruited) for his first year anyway.. Michigan has no less than 4 qbs on roster they'd all rather have then Wiegers now I bet. (I know your kidding btw)

He's a biomedical engineering major at one of the top med schools in the country who knows he'll likely never play a real snap in a P5 school. He's not going anywhere.

No way he tranfers to an FCS school just to get beat up for a year before he starts a $150K/year real job.

I said RUMORS, dude. Just RUMORS.

Kirk did state that he doesn't want whoever they chose as the starter to be looking over their shoulder. It probably would take quite a bit for Stanley to get pulled I would think. Maybe I'm wrong.
Wiegers will play. Hawks up by 30, second string players should all be in by then.

Latest posts