Does this team miss Matt Gatens???

Do you miss Matt Gatens

• Total voters

Tmoney12

Just curious if anyone else on this board misses the most important reason we upset Indiana last year. No need to comment just vote.. TIA

I don't know about the team but I miss him...at least as much as redhawk55 doesn't miss him. So yes is my vote.

Was there supposed to be a poll?

If Matty Ice was still with us, we'd be in the top 25 right now.

How's he doing in Spain? He and Jarryd Cole, nothing but love for those two.

If Matty Ice was still with us, we'd be in the top 25 right now.

How's he doing in Spain? He and Jarryd Cole, nothing but love for those two.

Jarryd has been a beast overseas. Imma pull a normal HN poster and have no link for that but I have seen the stats. Haven't seen any stats on MG. Also I agree we would be top 25.

I do very mich. We used to hang out all yhe time. Wed go bowling, or play xbox. Sometimes wed just hang out at his parents house amd watch movies or NBA games. We still skype and hang out in the offseason but it isn't the same.

I love how the entire Hawk-loving world forgets that they skewered the guy for three-and-a-half years before he went off last February. I can recall the terms "disappointing" and "failed expectations" being thrown about more than once. Sure, I miss the Gatens of the second half of his senior year. Let's not forget that prior to that he was one of the most frustrating Hawks in recent memory. Don't agree? Picture in your head a 20 year-old Matt with the ball on the wing, driving to the hole, double clutching and getting stuffed. Over, and over, and over again.

I love how the entire Hawk-loving world forgets that they skewered the guy for three-and-a-half years before he went off last February. I can recall the terms "disappointing" and "failed expectations" being thrown about more than once. Sure, I miss the Gatens of the second half of his senior year. Let's not forget that prior to that he was one of the most frustrating Hawks in recent memory. Don't agree? Picture in your head a 20 year-old Matt with the ball on the wing, driving to the hole, double clutching and getting stuffed. Over, and over, and over again.

Sometimes it's not how you start it's how you finish

That was as much a product of Lickliter's system as anything else. A four year career under Fran might have gone much differently.

I mean no disrespect to Gatens, he will always be remembered as a Hawk. But he also started during the most frustrating time of Hawkeye basketball that I can remember. I am sure under Fran things would have been different, but I would just rather forget the Lick years.