Does Iowa have a shot at the Stokes Girl?

DuffMan

I was curuious if anyone knew if Iowa had a real shot at her.

Also I assume she's the daughter of Greg Stokes. I know he's in town (I think coaching kirkwood)

I was curuious if anyone knew if Iowa had a real shot at her.

Also I assume she's the daughter of Greg Stokes. I know he's in town (I think coaching kirkwood)

She is his daughter, but there isnt much info on who she is considering for college. I think they have a chance with their young team and she also played with Jamie Printy, and obviously cause of her dad.

I for some unknown and unfounded feeling feel like she will be a Hawkeye. I still see the twin towers...great memories.

Bluder has certainly made every single effort to get Stokes into a Hawkeye uniform. It will not hurt that Iowa is going to be very very good next season.

Every major program is already on her, lets hope Lisa can keep her home.

There are a number of MVC foes that are facing Kia right now, that will be with the Hawkeyes in the next few years, including Printy (former teammate), Jade Rodgers, and Virginia Johnson. I have heard that Printy is recruiting her pretty hard. Boy, it would be tough to take a pass on programs like Tennessee or UConn. Although, if she chooses the Hawks, she could be a four year starter. Maybe that will help the Hawks?

She needs to be a Hawkeye! Because she is a Hawkeye! It's in her blood.

Can you imagine, Stokes Jr representing the women and Marble Jr the men? Iowa basketball will rock like it hasn't since C Vivian Stringer and Mr. Davis! Those teams were two of the top in the country, as close to the top in the country as you can get!

With these two players we will rock! I can feel it...

As someone who lives in the Linn-Mar district, I know Printy and even Rodgers from Kennedy are both good friends. She would be a HUGE get for Bluder. I loved the way the kids played this year, Stokes would be a home run.

There are a number of MVC foes that are facing Kia right now, that will be with the Hawkeyes in the next few years, including Printy (former teammate), Jade Rodgers, and Virginia Johnson. I have heard that Printy is recruiting her pretty hard. Boy, it would be tough to take a pass on programs like Tennessee or UConn. Although, if she chooses the Hawks, she could be a four year starter. Maybe that will help the Hawks?
If I(or my kids) had that level of talent and had an opportunity to stay close to home,play with friends and still compete at a very high level, there would be O chance I would go anywhere else.
I really think if either men's team in Iowa would have been playing to a Top 25 level, Harrison Barnes would not have left the state.

If I(or my kids) had that level of talent and had an opportunity to stay close to home,play with friends and still compete at a very high level, there would be O chance I would go anywhere else.
I really think if either men's team in Iowa would have been playing to a Top 25 level, Harrison Barnes would not have left the state.

He didn't go to UNI though??????;)

I cant believe she would turn down UCONN.
I can't believe she'd pass up in state opportunity to compete as probably a Top 25 team and be the hero instead of a long way from home in a group of All American's. If winning a NC is the first goal then yes, otherwise having fun and competing at the top is very good too.
As I've said before each kid has to picture what level of success they are looking to achieve and go from there.

If she is anywhere close to friends and family, I can't believe she'd pass on the opportunity to play for Iowa. Iowa is a young and talented team, and she has to be able to realize that she could be a part of something special by staying at Iowa, or going out and losing out on that opportunity that playing at home would give you.

I've done the 'go far away for college', and it can be tough. It will be tough enough for her given the transition she'll go thru by entering college and playing a sport. Believe me.

IIRC, she has family that does live in CT, a grandfather or great uncle. I lived in CT when Geno first was hired. It was like Fennelly at ISU.Only a few dozen fans (family of the players) the first year. Now a UCONN women's game is sold out whether its Gampel Pavilion or the Hartford Civic Center, and every women's game is broadcast throughout CT.

Nothing against Bluder, but I think this comes down to whether she wants to play with friends and be close to her folks, or be challenged like she will never be anywhere else by Geno. Not everyone responds to Geno's methods. He got back to back #1 players in the country in Maya Moore, and followed that up with Elana Delle Donne.

Moore is a three time All American, while Delle Donne left two days after she enrolled at UCONN saying she was unable at the time to uphold the level of commitment required to play for the UCONN Huskies.

I hope she comes to Iowa, as I feel Bluder has things going in the right direction. One thing the Lady Hawk need is size. Stokes would be a four year starter at Iowa, IMO.

Believe it. IF she doesn't play at Iowa for Bluder it will be because she goes to Tennessee to play for Pat Summit.

But bet that she becomes a Hawkeye. She is a big fan, her best friend, Jade Rodgers, joins Bluder's bunch next year, she has a second good friend already on the team in BT FOY Jaime Printy, she has another friend in her same class already committed to Iowa in Virginia Johnson, she loves Bluder, and she attends every Iowa home game, thus knows how very special Theira Taylor is.

Perhaps the more difficult selling job for Bluder is to win the battle with Bill Fennelly and Iowa State for 6-1 combo F/G Taylor Greenfield, another HS junior, from Ballard-Huxley in Central Iowa, and another top 50 prospect in the national rankings. One of her former teammates plays for Moo, and proximity to Ames could be a big factor, but while Fennelly has the basis for another of his usual Big-12 competitive teams, the talent level will be far below that of the Hawkeyes...with or without Stokes (but successfully recruiting Greenfield would be another huge plus getting Stokes to stay home as a Hawkeye--and Fennelly has NO CHANCE with Stokes).

Little doubt in my mind that a team of Morgan Johnson, Stokes, Virginia Johnson, Taylor Greenfield, Printy, Taylor, and the deadly outside shooting PG Kathryn Reynolds (the top 100 girl from Cincinnati who committed as a junior) could/would win BT championships & contend for the national title--size, shot-blocking, great speed, athleticism, excellent ball-handling & passing skills, and shooters unlikely to be matched anywhere.

Last edited:
Believe it. IF she doesn't play at Iowa for Bluder it will be because she goes to Tennessee to play for Pat Summit.

But bet that she becomes a Hawkeye. She is a big fan, her best friend, Jade Rodgers, joins Bluder's bunch next year, she has a second good friend already on the team in BT FOY Jaime Printy, she has another friend in her same class already committed to Iowa in Virginia Johnson, she loves Bluder, and she attends every Iowa home game, thus knows how very special Theira Taylor is.

Perhaps the more difficult selling job for Bluder is to win the battle with Bill Fennelly and Iowa State for 6-1 combo F/G Taylor Greenfield, another HS junior, from Ballard-Huxley in Central Iowa, and another top 50 prospect in the national rankings. One of her former teammates plays for Moo, and proximity to Ames could be a big factor, but while Fennelly has the basis for another of his usual Big-12 competitive teams, the talent level will be far below that of the Hawkeyes...with or without Stokes (but successfully recruiting Greenfield would be another huge plus getting Stokes to stay home as a Hawkeye--and Fennelly has NO CHANCE with Stokes).

Little doubt in my mind that a team of Morgan Johnson, Stokes, Virginia Johnson, Taylor Greenfield, Printy, Taylor, and the deadly outside shooting PG Kathryn Reynolds (the top 100 girl from Cincinnati who committed as a junior) could/would win BT championships & contend for the national title--size, shot-blocking, great speed, athleticism, excellent ball-handling & passing skills, and shooters unlikely to be matched anywhere.
Good lord. The Women's team looks to become VERY formidable. Only a few more pieces of the puzzle to fall into place.