Does everybody here no what "fairweather fan" means?

some people. if we would have lost last night, everyone would have been calling for every coach's head, saying how crappy stanzi is throwing the ball, how Kirk has no control over this team. But instead, we squeak out a win and all of a sudden we are big ten title contenders, coker is the second coming of jesus, tanner miller is the next chad greenway. when is the last time Mizzou won a bowl game? they lose every year!

you're never as bad as you think you are, and you're never as good as you think you are! we're an average team at best.

some people. if we would have lost last night, everyone would have been calling for every coach's head, saying how crappy stanzi is throwing the ball, how Kirk has no control over this team. But instead, we squeak out a win and all of a sudden we are big ten title contenders, coker is the second coming of jesus, tanner miller is the next chad greenway. when is the last time Mizzou won a bowl game? they lose every year!

you're never as bad as you think you are, and you're never as good as you think you are! we're an average team at best.

Pretty typical for message boards. Most people have to jump on one side of the argument and they tend to be polarizing. Either you get mad because you think someone is attacking the team or you think some are showing blind allegiance. Most people probably believe Iowa was very average this season. I'm happy to finish with a win, but the season as a whole was a minor disappointment given the expectations and numerous close losses.

And who cares about gabbert his name isn't basic English. Sorry I typed wrong on my IPad fag.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and wager a guess that the proprietor of this website probably doesn't appreciate that kind of derogatory language on his public forums.

Get some class, jacka$$.

Sorry, but I don't read an entire thread when the subject doesn't know the difference between "know" and "no."

I'll give you my definition of fairweather fan:
"A fan who ONLY talks about the Hawkeyes when they are winning."

Now, let's talk about this year.
Fans who are criticizing the coaches/players during this season are NOT fairweather fans. They are REAL fans. Fans who live/die by this team will speak their mind. I don't care if you are a REAL fan or a fAIRWEATHER fan. Everyone knows this was a disappointing season, even after the bowl victory.

Don't get me wrong....the bowl game was absolutely amazing. From watching at the bar, I thought it was more exciting than watching the Orange Bowl blowout. I loved it.

But fairweather fans wouldn't have watched this game tonight. So anybody reading this post, is NOT a fairweather fan. Obviously they care about this team.

This. Criticizing your team does not mean you're being a hater or being a fairweather fan, or any of that garbage. It means you see flaws and room for improvement. Great win last night, but without a huge mistake from Gabbert, are we celebrating a victory or wallowing in sorrow from another comeback victory? It's great the team won and I'm happy about it. But by no means am I going to forget about the frustrations from this past season (poor clock mgmt, inability to change offensive/defensive scheme)

And who cares about gabbert his name isn't basic English. Sorry I typed wrong on my IPad fag.

Studies have shown that when a person is openly hostile towards gay people they are in fact gay themselves but because of their self loathing of who they are they openly attack homosexuals. So my suggestion to you is come out of the closet and except who you are it gets better. Sorry I couldn't let this one slide.

images

Latest posts