does dev marble

If he continues to improve at this rate I would say yes. I think he has a high basketball IQ and has shown he is willing to put in the work it takes to improve. If he develops a jump shot, look out!

Not until he gets more tatoo's, a concealed carry permit, makes a disgusting amount of Money, starts talking smack, and becomes a cartoon character. I think he is way too nice a young man to make it into the NBA.

Not until he gets more tatoo's, a concealed carry permit, makes a disgusting amount of Money, starts talking smack, and becomes a cartoon character. I think he is way too nice a young man to make it into the NBA.

Do I sense negative racial stereotyping?

I think Marble's issue is going to be athleticism. He is not super explosive and has merely average lateral quickness. Not sure he can play NBA defense. His offensive skill is coming along. He is one of the few players with proper height/skills to fit a prototype NBA position.

He also needs to reproduce with as many ho's as he can. I guess that could wait until he gets to the league. But he needs to start soon if he wants to catch up with Shawn Kemp.

I've been saying this all along. Roy Marble Jr. is the real deal. Guy has all the intangibles, once he gets more consistent behind the arc and perfects his pull up jumper he is going to be unstoppable.

Last edited:
If he can continue to develop a shot and offensive ability as well as improve on defense he could play sparingly. He's got very good handles for his size and he's very smart with and without the ball.

he has come a long way since last year when he shot a free throw with his foot 6 inches over the line

Do I sense negative racial stereotyping? I think Marble's issue is going to be athleticism. He is not super explosive and has merely average lateral quickness. Not sure he can play NBA defense. His offensive skill is coming along. He is one of the few players with proper height/skills to fit a prototype NBA position.

I thought he was talking about "Birdman" for Denver?

the kid plays for Iowa, there is no way he can be atheletic enough or develope into a player that would get a sniff

Do I sense negative racial stereotyping?

What has race got to do with it?

birdman3.jpg

I've been saying this all along. Roy Marble Jr. is the real deal. Guy has all the intangibles, once he gets more consistent behind the arc and perfects his pull up jumper he is going to be unstoppable.

This all correct except for this. His dad was Roy Marble Jr.

No. Right now, he's not even close.

Are you saying the potential isn't there at all, or just that he's not even close to being at that level right now? I agree he has a long ways to go, but the potential is there a couple years down the road, IMO.

Potential is there especially when you consider he not be done growing or filling out his frame. According to his dad he is now a legit 6'7 for what it's worth.

Latest posts