Does anyone think Shurna makes it in the NBA?

DuffMan

He's got an interesting skill set. No doubt he's an NBA quality shooter. My first inclination will say he won't get his shot off because of his low release point, but then I think Shawn Marion managed to get away with it for a decade...

He's such a tweener. He's not bulky enough to play the 4, at least defensively, and I don't know he's quick enough to guard the 2's and 3's, although he is MUCH quicker and more athletic than he gets credit for.

He's got a super high basketball IQ, so that helps him. I think he needs the right team, but I think he can eek out a career as a spot up shooter type for the right team.

He's got an interesting skill set. No doubt he's an NBA quality shooter. My first inclination will say he won't get his shot off because of his low release point, but then I think Shawn Marion managed to get away with it for a decade...

He's such a tweener. He's not bulky enough to play the 4, at least defensively, and I don't know he's quick enough to guard the 2's and 3's, although he is MUCH quicker and more athletic than he gets credit for.

He's got a super high basketball IQ, so that helps him. I think he needs the right team, but I think he can eek out a career as a spot up shooter type for the right team.

I doubt he gets drafted, and I doubt he ever plays a minute in the NBA.

Marion got away with it because he is an absolute stud on defense.

Hmmmm........I'm not seeing it. He's pretty one dimensional. I see him as a scorer, not necessarily a shooter. When he drives to the hoop in the NBA he will be killed.

This thread screams for a poll!

Hmmmm........I'm not seeing it. He's pretty one dimensional. I see him as a scorer, not necessarily a shooter. When he drives to the hoop in the NBA he will be killed.

This thread screams for a poll!

It does, but I aint making one now. I think you are wrong about him as a shooter. He's one of the highest rated shooters comming out of school. I read somewhere that his effective NBA 3pt shooting percentage is near 40%.

Adam Morrison was a scorer, Shurna is more of a shooter.

I know, right? It is a foregone conclusion the guy is a mid first rounder. He's the best player NU has ever had.

For a team that has never played in an NCAA tournament, that isn't saying much.

Northwestern, over sixty years without a bowl win & no NCAA tournaments.

You don't think a 6-9 guy who can stroke it all day long from 25 gets a look in the NBA?

maybe 2nd round, someone will take a chance similar to Jon Leuer from Whisky, he is a prolific college scorer who would have to play in the right system to be effective, I'm betting Europe.

You don't think a 6-9 guy who can stroke it all day long from 25 gets a look in the NBA?

Stroke it all day long from his hip? No.

Not to mention he isn't even in the Top 100 in the nation in 3 pt%.

He's a great player for NW. That's about it. He could be good overseas.

Stroke it all day long from his hip? No.

Not to mention he isn't even in the Top 100 in the nation in 3 pt%.

He's a great player for NW. That's about it. He could be good overseas.

Aren't he and Gatens about 42%? I thought they said this prior to the game.

yes, he will eventually make it as he matures and his body develops.

assuming NBA stands for No Back Acne, of course.

Latest posts