Does Anyone Think ND Will Join The Big 12?

SheagleHawk

Seems like the Clownies think it's a real possibility based on "insiders". I was really hoping the B1G would grab them. Also, anybody feel like the B1G is making a mistake by not expanding, or pursuing expansion at this point? If ND goes to the Big 12, who is left to grab that's worth a shiat?

Who knows, who cares I guess is my opinion. They appear to not want anything to do with the B1G so at this point it doesn't matter who the go crawling to.

The rumors are ND as a non-football member (Plays a few football games per year against Big 12 teams, similar to Big east arrangement). If that's the case, the Big 12 can have them.

I wouldn't think so, but like some others I don't really care and if it is under the conditions that they are currently in with the Big East then really who cares?!?!?!

Great get, wants to be in the Big XII. Tired of playing SMU and Central Florida in basketball. The Irish are lucky, lucky for the Big XII. Can't wait to play in the new stadium in Waco.

No to all of the above. ND is not going to the big 12 and the only mistake the B1G would make regarding expansion is to continue expanding.

ND ain't joining the B12. They may join as a non-football member. They did promise to play 3 or 4 games per season against the Big East, and never lived up to that promise.

I don't want ND as any part of the B10. They would refuse to fit in and be a member. And their fans and alums would be even worse. ND to the B10 would be a gigantic mistake.

ND to the Big 12 has a lot of smoke to it. Talks of all but football, with football being gradually moved in with an increase of conference games each year until full enrollment. They would keep USC and Navy and probably rotate a couple weaker B1G/Academy teams. It would suck because it would probably mean not playing Meatchicken anymore.

Next Tuesday will tell a lot with how ND will be forced to play in the future, when the BCS + ND commisioners report to the BCS oversight committee with their suggestion on implementing a playoff.

ND to the Big 12 has a lot of smoke to it. Talks of all but football, with football being gradually moved in with an increase of conference games each year until full enrollment. They would keep USC and Navy and probably rotate a couple weaker B1G/Academy teams. It would suck because it would probably mean not playing Meatchicken anymore.

Next Tuesday will tell a lot with how ND will be forced to play in the future, when the BCS + ND commisioners report to the BCS oversight committee with their suggestion on implementing a playoff.

Have not heard anything about "gradual move-in." Any source for that, or just cyclownfanatic? Big 12 better get that in writing, or it won't happen. I don't trust anything ND says.

Have not heard anything about "gradual move-in." Any source for that, or just cyclownfanatic? Big 12 better get that in writing, or it won't happen. I don't trust anything ND says.

Go follow a ND board; why would an ISU board be any source of ND knowledge.

What do you want a source for? It's all speculation by ND fans.

There are competing entities for Notre Dame. If you asks the faculty they would like to be part of the Big Ten. If you ask the athletic interest they foremost want to remain an independent for football. If they could no longer remain independent then I do not believe they would end up in the Big 12.
Notre Dame has many more sports teams and different sports than most members of the Big 12. The idea of being a quasi member of the Big 12 doesn't solve ND's home for Olympic Sports.
I'm in the camp that the faculty would reject quasi membership and that is the ultimate source of the decision.

There are competing entities for Notre Dame. If you asks the faculty they would like to be part of the Big Ten. If you ask the athletic interest they foremost want to remain an independent for football. If they could no longer remain independent then I do not believe they would end up in the Big 12.
Notre Dame has many more sports teams and different sports than most members of the Big 12. The idea of being a quasi member of the Big 12 doesn't solve ND's home for Olympic Sports.
I'm in the camp that the faculty would reject quasi membership and that is the ultimate source of the decision.

Does anyone still really believe that realignment has anything to do with academics?

Latest posts