Does Anyone Think ND Will Join The Big 12?

To the OP's original question- A year ago not a chance in hell, now it sure seems like it's a possibility.

If the rest of the Big 12 would bend over for Texas I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for ND. This is another reason why I don't ever see them joining the Big 10.

I'm still waiting for the announcement about Florida State going to the Big 12.

Clowns still think that is happening.

I think all else stays as is. ND may become Non-Football member, but that is the only move I see left right now. I think FSU & Clemson stay put, and the Big 12 stays at 10. The SEC will have to prove 14 or 16 succcessful before any other leagues make that jump.

if jerry wins, kick penn state out then invite ND.

FREE HAT!

South_Park_Zone_Free_Hat_Press_Button_for_free_hat-s200x150-122584-535.gif

As a fan, I don't want ND b/c they are my 2nd fav team. No way could I handle the Hawks playing the Irish every year.

@PreSnapRead: Page views. RT @ChiTribHamilton NotreDame AD Jack Swarbrick on report of non-football sports to Big 12: "I have no idea what prompted that."

North Dakota makes a lot of sense geographically. Go Team Formerly Known As Fighting Sioux!

ND to the Big 12 has a lot of smoke to it. Talks of all but football, with football being gradually moved in with an increase of conference games each year until full enrollment. They would keep USC and Navy and probably rotate a couple weaker B1G/Academy teams. It would suck because it would probably mean not playing Meatchicken anymore.

Next Tuesday will tell a lot with how ND will be forced to play in the future, when the BCS + ND commisioners report to the BCS oversight committee with their suggestion on implementing a playoff.

I thought I remeber reading something close to the fact that if ND didn't join the B1G (and didn't stay indy) that their series with any B1G team would be in jeopardy (meaning they would strongly suggesting they would end.

That being said, ND wouldn't have a problem finding other peeps.

The key is if the big 12 would be ok adding them in and basically pulling a Texas which would allow them to keep doing their own thing in one way or another.

No to all of the above. ND is not going to the big 12 and the only mistake the B1G would make regarding expansion is to continue expanding.

All signs, and all "experts", are pointing towards the eventual reality of a few "super conferences". So I feel that the Big Ten either expands or dies.

ND entering the Big 12 in all sports other than football could be possible. They will never get into the B1G with those conditions. They should be in the B1G period.

I could see them going because the Big 12 would give them whatever they want. Texas makes so much money and doesnt have to share most of it. I would imagine Notre Dame would be attracted because they could keep their NBC contract.

You must have got an F in your geography class, dimwit!:confused:

Grades are just so... hostile.

In Seattle, everyone gets the same grade. To distinguish children based on antiquated patriarchical concepts like "merit" and "effort" simply destroys their self-esteem and communal energy.

I thought I remeber reading something close to the fact that if ND didn't join the B1G (and didn't stay indy) that their series with any B1G team would be in jeopardy (meaning they would strongly suggesting they would end.

I get the idea of that, but I can't see it happening. The ND game is huge for those Big Ten schools that play them.

Latest posts