Does Anyone Think ND Will Join The Big 12?

I remember a few years there was talks of Iowa and ND playing at Solider Field.
-Why would we not make this game happen?
-Who would have more fans in attendance?

despite what their AD claims publicly, I just got some good inside skinny last night. Great source is all I can say. However, I was told that UT is already on the schedule for football (may be known publicly already starting 2014?). There are a few things left to be ironed out, but appears a phase in for football, with UT, Kansas, and maybe OK, don't remember who he said the 4th was.... oh FSU was a strong possibility (I know, they aren't in yet either
,but that is what I was told) There was also talk of a potential uneven take for gate portions due to their draw. Big reasons for BXII were the ability to keep their independent TV contract, a better home for their other sports that is being lost as the BEast weakens, and agreements that they will phase in in football while keeping many of their existing rivalries. And an agreement is being added that will allow them to play in the BXII bowl ties representing the conference despite only a partial conference schedule.
Still details being worked out, but there is more than smoke to this one. Too bad, as I had high hopes for them in the B1G eventually.

despite what their AD claims publicly, I just got some good inside skinny last night. Great source is all I can say. However, I was told that UT is already on the schedule for football (may be known publicly already starting 2014?). There are a few things left to be ironed out, but appears a phase in for football, with UT, Kansas, and maybe OK, don't remember who he said the 4th was.... oh FSU was a strong possibility (I know, they aren't in yet either
,but that is what I was told) There was also talk of a potential uneven take for gate portions due to their draw. Big reasons for BXII were the ability to keep their independent TV contract, a better home for their other sports that is being lost as the BEast weakens, and agreements that they will phase in in football while keeping many of their existing rivalries. And an agreement is being added that will allow them to play in the BXII bowl ties representing the conference despite only a partial conference schedule.
Still details being worked out, but there is more than smoke to this one. Too bad, as I had high hopes for them in the B1G eventually.

No you didn't, and ND isn't joining the Big 12. Nice try.

Latest posts