does anyone else feel like..

yes i doubt teams will get rebounds and dunks/layups with woody standing underneath the basket and the turnovers will go down certainly with Gesell running the show go hawks im so jacked for next season i cant possibly be disappointed with and 89 point loss! GO HAWKS!

Expecting turnovers to drop any significant amount with two freshmen manning the point is an awful lot to ask.

Turnovers will drop when Cartwright isn't running the point, though. 8 assists, 6 turnovers. Marble tallied 5 and 0, and scored 13 points. Bryce is just playing out of control right now.

we will get better?

Really?

Iowa is clearly better this year, the problem still is not enough bullets in the gun. Next year's class will remedy that and year three will be NCAA bound.

Iowa needs the freshman to do these things: score when the opportunity presents itself, rebound and play solid defense when on the floor.
These are all the things this class is supposed to be able to do, scoring is not a problem and won't be next year either.

Fran knows the problem and has recruited a fix. The problem today was simply Zeller. Iowa has weak answers for him. Any coach would have a very difficult time answering to Zeller without someone capable of somewhat defending him. How about this. You take a team with Archie/Brommer as Centers and stop a fella like Zeller!
I wish Zeller would improve quickly so that the NBA would come sooner than later.

I wish Zeller would improve quickly so that the NBA would come sooner than later.

Myers Leonard should stay another year and I think Zeller should probably play 2 more years, but both will be in the NBA. I think Leonard could leave this year but I think one more year of maturing/working on strength would suit him well. Zeller has an outside game, and he could improve upon it even more. He just pulled a Dwight Howard tonight and decided to score by dunking the ball.

The 3 incoming guards will help out a great deal on both ends of the court by giving us options and athleticism. Woodbury and Meyer will give us an inside presence with two post players accustomed to playing down low.

I am sure McCaffrey is as perplexed as the rest of us about Basabe and Cartwright. There is no way to prepare for guys being in season long slumps and when you have 2 guys slated as key contributors in this category, it makes for a long season.

Myers Leonard should stay another year and I think Zeller should probably play 2 more years, but both will be in the NBA. I think Leonard could leave this year but I think one more year of maturing/working on strength would suit him well. Zeller has an outside game, and he could improve upon it even more. He just pulled a Dwight Howard tonight and decided to score by dunking the ball.

Leonard is nowhere near ready, but neither were BJ Mullen, Spencer Hawes, Rashard Griffith, Josh McRoberts, Kosta Koufos and many other big men who have left early. Expect this to be the last season Leonard is in the BIG as he will be a higher than should be draft pick. Leonard is much better than last season, but he couldn't get too much worse, he still has bad fouls and takes plays off.

Zeller is far better at this point than Leonard and probably really only has to work on conditioning for the NBA, he is ready in every other facet than that right now. I would expect that Zeller will be the first Zeller to leave school early, but probably not until after his junior year.

i think cole really pushed basabe and that is what is lacking this year. mccabe is playing well but he isnt that leader and push that cole was. here is to myer and woodbury pushing basabe and helping him acheive his ceiling that we have seen is incredibly high.

How high of a celing does a guy with no real offensive skills and an inconsistent effort have?

The future of this team will not have Basabe playing a large role in it.

Yes, we will get better. We are already better (although record may not necessarily show it) than we were when lick left. And better than a year ago. There were good things (offensively) to take away from the game. Just GOT to start playing some D and get some defensive boards.

But help is on the way - hang in there.

Leonard is nowhere near ready, but neither were BJ Mullen, Spencer Hawes, Rashard Griffith, Josh McRoberts, Kosta Koufos and many other big men who have left early. Expect this to be the last season Leonard is in the BIG as he will be a higher than should be draft pick. Leonard is much better than last season, but he couldn't get too much worse, he still has bad fouls and takes plays off.

Zeller is far better at this point than Leonard and probably really only has to work on conditioning for the NBA, he is ready in every other facet than that right now. I would expect that Zeller will be the first Zeller to leave school early, but probably not until after his junior year.

I agree. But as we know lots of guys get drafted based on potential. I think Leonard has better tools than those guys you listed. It will come down to his mental make up.

Yesterday was another bump in the road, best forgotten. At the end of the season it is just another loss.

We are better than last year and will continue to get better this season.

Seems like it is always Next Year, but this time it is true.

:D

Latest posts