Does anyone doubt this will be another amazing year for Iowa basketball?

PG is definitely the most unsettled position but I'm more worried about our size in the front court personally overall but I think you are right. We all kind of expected that to work out with Jordan moving off the ball last year but I think we all didn't estimate having a non scoring threat at the 1 did for the rest of our team. I think the combo between Tony, Aaron. Conner, and Desonte they've got strong options to run the offense.

I just get the feeling that Iowa is going to be pretty good this year. I could be wrong, but I get the feeling Iowa is a lot closer to the top 5 then the bottom 5.
Yeah the whole what are we giving up offensively but gaining defensively by replacing JBo with the combination of guys we'll have will be interesting. Not to mention losing Keegan. Will Kris make that totally seamless? Seems like a huge ask that some are assuming he'll do. I think a healthy and year older PM along with his bro and Sandfort being a yr older will make that not as necessary. But time will tell our non conference schedule is pretty unforgiving so it'll be interesting to see how fast they gel and how they do.

I've got a weird feeling Connor is going to play a big roll this year. Clearly his confidence in his shot went to shit early in his career and he never regained it. But the end of last year he went on a roll. I think that carries over to this year. Being a 6th year senior is going to be a big advantage. I think he has his best year by far thos year.

I've got a weird feeling Connor is going to play a big roll this year. Clearly his confidence in his shot went to shit early in his career and he never regained it. But the end of last year he went on a roll. I think that carries over to this year. Being a 6th year senior is going to be a big advantage. I think he has his best year by far thos year.
I do too. He's done nothing but focus on basketball now too since he gave up baseball last yr. I think he's in great shape and with him seeing the ball go through the hoop last yr a few times it's given him confidence he didn't have his first 3 yrs or so. He's an ego less leader and every team needs one of those. He'll be that and more I bet I agree with you

Their weakness last year was at center. Will there be noticeable improvement this year? If they are to be better, it has to be.
PG is definitely the most unsettled position but I'm more worried about our size in the front court personally overall but I think you are right. We all kind of expected that to work out with Jordan moving off the ball last year but I think we all didn't estimate having a non scoring threat at the 1 did for the rest of our team. I think the combo between Tony, Aaron. Conner, and Desonte they've got strong options to run the offense.

I just get the feeling that Iowa is going to be pretty good this year. I could be wrong, but I get the feeling Iowa is a lot closer to the top 5 then the bottom 5.

Rebraca will be improved, but you have to get contributions from Mulvey or Ogundele, preferably both, but at least one. You want to limit the minutes Kris has to play the 5 spot. For matchup reasons he will have to play some; however, if he is playing heavy minutes where he has to man the post, then that's an issue.

Not really worried about PG spot. If the worst case scenario is Perk/Connor getting the bulk of the minutes, Iowa will be fine. When it is money time it will likely be one of those two anyway. People forget down the stretch when Iowa won 13 of 15, it was Perk at the point and Jbo coming off screens at the 2. You can basically swap out Sandfort for Jbo and Perk is a combo guard...translation the backcourt won't be the problem that holds Iowa back.

I'm not sweating the PG, either, except not for the same comforting reasons as mentioned. Iowa hasn't had a commanding, go-to PG since Dev would slide over.

Lot like Iowa football QB's - the PG is a game manager. Not by intent, by the fact that they haven't been able to recruit a high-quality one for years.

That's ok, tho. They've built their recent success on the 4's and 5's, and, even with Kris stepping in and, maybe, improving, he just is not going to replace Keegan. It really comes down to Filip / back-ups showing marked improvement to keep the Hawks in the top half of the conference. They might be marginally better, but, FR is still undersized and I'm not sold that the position will be physically / skilled enough to accomplish the size of step-forward needed.

Yeah the whole what are we giving up offensively but gaining defensively by replacing JBo with the combination of guys we'll have will be interesting. Not to mention losing Keegan. Will Kris make that totally seamless? Seems like a huge ask that some are assuming he'll do. I think a healthy and year older PM along with his bro and Sandfort being a yr older will make that not as necessary. But time will tell our non conference schedule is pretty unforgiving so it'll be interesting to see how fast they gel and how they do.
Got a real feeling about Peyton becoming that go to guy. He just seems to be a guy who's gonna shoot the big shot along with Kris and not worry about it. Also see Perkins taking the ball to the hole during crunch time and kicking it out to Peyton or scoring.

Latest posts