Do Your Part - Do Not Purchase Bowl Game Tickets

FabFew

Not being a big-time donor, I struggle with what I can do to help enact the coaching change that needs to happen. There are a lot of people that want Ferentz gone and if that is the case then you certainly should not be purchasing tickets to the bowl game. Not that it is going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things but continuing to financially support the football program in any way certainly is defeating the purpose if you want a change to be enacted. I was a season ticket holder for 13 years until I opted not to renew this year so am trying to vote with my dollars. I certainly would not entertain the idea of spending coin to travel and purchase game tickets to watch this product on the field in a bowl game.

I really struggle with posts like this.

So, because you are upset with Coach Ferentz, i cant go and support the players who have busted their tales this year?

I see.

Go and support the team, we can pack one of the bowls with black and gold! I am looking forward to Iowa's bowl win!

So, because you are upset with Coach Ferentz, i cant go and support the players who have busted their tales this year?

I see.

Sure you can. That's your right.

However, I still think you're an enabler, but that's your right. I can cheer the players just fine from my TV. I decided after 2011 not to attend any more bowl games. This is considered entertainment and it's not entertaining for me. If you want to keep spending your money on this please do. You owe nobody an apology. Barta and KF say thanks though.;):D

I must also say that watching games for the past 3 years on TV has allowed me to see replays and that only confirms my decision not to attend in person. The crap I see watching a play over and over again has become laughable to me and the family.

I must also say that watching games for the past 3 years on TV has allowed me to see replays and that only confirms my decision not to attend in person. The crap I see watching a play over and over again has become laughable to me and the family.

Wait, what!!?? Just when I look forward to the "relief" of being able to watch a televised game at my leisure, you're telling me the replays might make it worse than the jaw-dropping gunk I watched in person the last 6 years??!!

Here I thot the torture of der KirkFer's weekly self-destructive mismanagement couldn't get any worse. I always believed there is a Heaven; now I'm certain there is a Hell.:eek:

There's nothing like being absolutely sure there were in fact two people wide open downfield, in HD, slow motion!

I see.

As they were busting their tales I hope they at least kept it real and worked their tails off.

Unless you're a big donor, the only way you can make your voice heard with this tone-deaf AD and university president is to stop buying tickets, football merchandise and bowl tickets. I've been to four Iowa bowl games with family members; have no intention of going to any in the future until a change is made.

Ferentz is coasting, and he seems unable to get it going again. He needs to resign, retire or be dismissed. Iowa needs new blood directing its football program.

It's heartwarming that people think they can get a coaching change by not buying bowl tickets.

I see.

What else is a frustrated fan supposed to do? There is only one way for the common fan to get Barta's attention. Through money or lack of it going into the Iowa program.

Its awful that its come to this because it hurts the this current team & the overall program to not support the players. But enabling poor coaching performances to continue hurts the program even more.

What else is a frustrated fan supposed to do?

If you could make any difference in the situation, you wouldn't be frustrated.

Buy tickets or don't buy tickets--your choice won't make any difference. Do whatever makes you feel better.

I probably won't ever get behind a boycott, and would never tell anyone what to do with their time and money.

I will say there is a Chicago Cubs/Wrigley Field element to the fanbase...and by and large that is a good thing...but the one downside of that is I think Iowa admin brass takes you for granted....that you're a bankable commodity, that you'll be there so the pressure to be cutting edge just isn't there.

Not being a big-time donor, I struggle with what I can do to help enact the coaching change that needs to happen. There are a lot of people that want Ferentz gone and if that is the case then you certainly should not be purchasing tickets to the bowl game. Not that it is going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things but continuing to financially support the football program in any way certainly is defeating the purpose if you want a change to be enacted. I was a season ticket holder for 13 years until I opted not to renew this year so am trying to vote with my dollars. I certainly would not entertain the idea of spending coin to travel and purchase game tickets to watch this product on the field in a bowl game.

'There are a lot of people that want Ferentz gone'

What's that equate to, about 2-3% of the fans that actually attend the games that are bent enough to stop going.

It's heartwarming that people think they can get a coaching change by not buying bowl tickets.

Money talks, my friend. Iowa's reputation of fans traveling well, would smack GB and Mason in the face, if the didn't travel to a bowl game.

Latest posts