Do you want ISU to win when not playing Iowa?

Do YOU want ISU to win when not playing the Hawkeyes?

• No, GO HAWKEYES!

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • Yes, the more wins in Iowa the better

Votes: 72 62.1%

• Total voters
I usually do cheer for them, if I see the game. But, it's been harder every year with all their 'talk' over the last 10 years.

However, this year I didn't get a lot of smack talk out of them after they won. Maybe it's because I was hanging my head all last week (and into the 4th qtr on Sat.)

I think it good for the state if ISU wins.

I "TRY" to root for them. Have to admit I'm losing my ability to do so. I know too many ISU grads/fans. 90% of the clone fans I know hate the Hawkeyes and only care about beating them. Not even joking here at all. So I just can't hold on much longer. Plus I don't care if I can't hold on....

Not since September 19, 1981, in Ames, IA. The most abusive, unsportsmanlike, Deliverance-banjo-player-channeling fans I have ever witnessed in any stadium, college or pro, before or since. Anyone remember the big homemade "Beat Iowa" banner with a male member substituted for the "I", which security allowed a group of students to parade on the sidelines all the way around the stadium? Or the objects thrown at the band and cheerleaders? Or the fans yelling "ni****" and "that's what you get with a black quarterback!" during and after the game?

I do. And it was no small group of bad apples, it was pervasive. They can rot in hell. Or the MAC.

just like I root for UNI and Drake ... on the other hand, I hope Illinois goes 0-infinity

I have always cheered for in-state teams because the better we all do looks good for the entire state. One of my biggest dreams would be for Iowa and ISU to play for the national title. Just think how that would make our state look.

No. I love watching isu lose. Friday night was great to watch..until they came back and won. If uconn had an offense at all the clowns would have been buried early.

I have to admit I root for little brother when they are not playing Iowa. Some of their fan base make me despise them at times but every team has those idiots. It was neat to see them finally beat Nebraska 2 years ago and Texas last year.

When they play UNI I root for the Panthers.

Last edited:
Not since September 19, 1981, in Ames, IA. The most abusive, unsportsmanlike, Deliverance-banjo-player-channeling fans I have ever witnessed in any stadium, college or pro, before or since. Anyone remember the big homemade "Beat Iowa" banner with a male member substituted for the "I", which security allowed a group of students to parade on the sidelines all the way around the stadium? Or the objects thrown at the band and cheerleaders? Or the fans yelling "ni****" and "that's what you get with a black quarterback!" during and after the game?

I do. And it was no small group of bad apples, it was pervasive. They can rot in hell. Or the MAC.

Wow, I cannot imagine another state school making fun of our state name in that manner. Those people are now in their 50s, I wonder how proud they are now that they acted like that.

No. Any resource allocated to ISU athletics is an indirect subtraction to Iowa's success. The state is too small for two D1 programs. Does Lowe's want Home Depot to do well just to be nice?

No. Any resource allocated to ISU athletics is an indirect subtraction to Iowa's success. The state is too small for two D1 programs. Does Lowe's want Home Depot to do well just to be nice?

What resources are being allocated to ISU over Iowa? I can see a couple of recruits choosing ISU over Iowa but each school has completely different resources for revenue when it concerns athletics.

Your Lowes/Home Depot analogy is off as we are talking about 2 state institutions that answer to the Iowa Board of Regents.

I voted no. I definitely do not want the Clowns to win when they're playing Iowa. The only time I would root for them is if I'm sitting next to my 85-year-old father, an ISU grad, in the stands.

No. Seething hatred for anything ISU. Long, convoluted story as to why. If there are any Star Trek, Next Generation fans out there think Picard/Borg. That is why I despise ISU so much. I actually hope bad things happen to them, seriously...

That's sad.

I really love the "we need to cheer for everyone in the state" point of thought. My wife graduated from Iowa City West (before graduating from Iowa). I once told her she needed to be cheering for City High as well since both schools are from Iowa City....she told me that would be a cold day in H#@%!!! IMO, ISU is a great institution. They are one game on our schedule. I will never cheer for them. The only reason I want them to lose is their fanbase...I live in Des Moines with the majority of them. But its not going to ruin my weekend either way.

What resources are being allocated to ISU over Iowa? I can see a couple of recruits choosing ISU over Iowa but each school has completely different resources for revenue when it concerns athletics.

Your Lowes/Home Depot analogy is off as we are talking about 2 state institutions that answer to the Iowa Board of Regents.

We compete for booster contributions, licensed apparel and novelty sales, estate donations, season ticket sales/prices/capacities, recruiting, media exposure and in the case of ISu - tax monies. You think Nebraska would be better off with another D1 school in a major conference? We compete with ISu and I want that competition to be lessened in every conceivable way. By the way, what does the state institutional BOR relationship have to do with the analogy of competition? Do you think they should mandate no score games like some kiddee soccer? As a Hawkeye fan, I would much rather accumulate ALL the athletic attention and subsequent resources - like Nebraska - than have little brother around to siphon fans, $ and BOR considerations.

I always root for the clones when they're not playing Iowa and it has nothing to do with rooting for an "Iowa" team. I will only do this as long as Iowa continues to play the clones. Reason is all Hawkeye based. If Iowa loses to the clones and the clones continue to win, then the loss does not look as bad. If Iowa beats the clones and the clones continue to win, then the win looks that much better.

If this series ends I could care if the clones win a single game.

I usually pull for them or don't pay attention. I admit sometimes I embrace the comedy of their shortcomings, but I pull for them for the most part.

That's where I'm at.

I like for the most part their coaches and players. It's some of the douchetool fans that I can't stand. But every school has those.

If they were an in-conference rival I'd root against them for obvious reasons.

Latest posts