Do you want ISU to win when not playing Iowa?

Do YOU want ISU to win when not playing the Hawkeyes?

• No, GO HAWKEYES!

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • Yes, the more wins in Iowa the better

Votes: 72 62.1%

• Total voters
I used to support ISU until I listened to a clone radio show one Sunday morning after the Hawks lost and the clones won. I believe Chris Hassle was one of the hosts. The very first thing they talked about was how great it was that Iowa lost and the clones won. This went on for about five minutes. I was furious not because of the outcome of the games, but how the two hosts, who were in a way representing isu, were just bashing the Hawks. I have not ever heard every second of Jim Zabel's pregame or postgames or call in shows, but I'm pretty sure he would never go on air and go on how great it was that the Hawks won and the clowns lost! Maybe I'm just off base?

Not off base but I am pretty sure it wasn't Chris Hassle. He grew up in the Muscatine and is a Hawk fan, as much as he can for having to be impartial. You are probably thinking Chris Williams, the owner of Cyclone Fanatic that hosts the call in show. Now he's a tool beyond compare.

You are correct it was Chris Williams. Not sure if you ever heard the show that I am referring to, but there was another guy that was on that show with Chris Williams. I didn't care for either one of them. It was on 1430 KASI out of Ames.

Last edited:
There is much more hatred of Cyclones fans towards Hawk fans than vice versa. It is that underdog mentality along with being perceived, even outside of Iowa, as the other school in Iowa. Iowa State reminds me of a jealous middle child. Everybody thinks the baby is cute (UNI) while the big brother (Iowa) gets all the attention. We should rename Iowa State to Jan Brady University. :D

I didn't read the entire thread so I'm sure somebody mentioned this but no matter what, the more wins the better it looks for us. If we beat them it would be a better win and if we lose to them it wouldn't be as bad of a loss.

So the only reason I like them to win is for a selfish reason.

Don't get me wrong I cant think of many times when I might have been irritated by an Iowa State fan for some trash talking. I've had many moments of hate.

However usually I really dont care if they win or lose. Really doesnt make me feel anything.

I have always cheered for in-state teams because the better we all do looks good for the entire state. One of my biggest dreams would be for Iowa and ISU to play for the national title. Just think how that would make our state look.

Dude................share some.

The only time I ever wanted ISU to win was when they played Nebraska. I hope they get stomped by Texas.

Originally Posted by DeputyHawk
I used to root for them when not playing Iowa, but as the years have gone on and listening to the stupidity coming from their mouths and visiting CF every now and then I hope they never win another game for as long as I live.
+2

Only the years they beat us. Got to improve strength of schedule so they need to make it to a bowl.

+1. At the end of the year everyone looks to the computers and we need this loss to hurt us as least as possible if we end up around the 9 win mark.

Tailgating this weekend an interesting point came across a few of us talking. Being an Iowan and all, as were the four guys involved with the conversation, the conversation turned to ISU beating UConn on the road. Quickly this turned to, as an Iowan, do you want the other Iowa team to win when they're not playing the Hawks? Many people were split on this issue, so just was curious to see what the response here would be like.
I enjoy it whatever happens to the clowns. It's good if they win when they don't play Iowa, because it helps our strength of schedule. It's good if they lose because I hate the clowns.

Absolutely. I know a number of Clone fans who also cheer for us. To me, this whole "hate them" attitude is disturbing. Save it for the rivals ... like Illanoy : )

In HS I rooted for them casually, mainly their bball team. I didn't know ANY ISU fans (they are as rare as the dodo bird in NE IA) so really no reason to hate.

Got to college, most of the ISU fans I met where freakin' ignorant and annoying so quickly developed a dislike for ISU that lasted for a long time.

Moved to MN 5 yrs ago and over time have just developed a state of Iowa pride thing where it seems better having more winners from IA. I met a couple ISU fans here who are pretty cool and tolerable about sports.... ;) ISU still annoys me often, but I do find myself pulling for them like last Friday night vs UCONN.

Latest posts