Do You Believe In Aliens?

MelroseHawkins

Do you think there is other life form somewhere else in the universe. I'm not talking amebas or plant life, etc.. I am talking about living and functioning beings utilizing technology similar to our being. I guess I have shifted my beliefs over time and now think that we are not alone in this universe. I mean, how can we be alone in an infinite universe?
The situation in Nevada in recent weeks made me think about it. These people claim they had near 8' beings in their backyard. Are they just crazy or was this a hoax? There have been numerous very questionable situations in years past that really make one wonder. How can some of them be a hoax or most be blamed on the military or the proverbial "weather balloon". Anything weird always seems to be blamed on a rogue weather balloon.
Two of the most common or credible situations are of course Roswell and Allagash Abductions. The Roswell situation had a couple of civilian witnesses as well as tangible evidence. Many may not be aware of the Allagash Abductions, which is quite interesting. Four younger guys were camping on a lake in Maine when they say they encountered a craft and aliens and believe they were abducted and examined. The story is interesting as they were hypnotized and all provided quite similar details. In addition, all four passed lie detector tests with no deception noted. I guess when I really think about it, it's just hard to think we are the only beings in this mass universe and the only "organized" life.

What do you think? Any of you have any interesting experiences?

Here is a quite interesting Unsolved Mysteries covering both the Roswell alien craft crash and the Allagash Abductions. Both very interesting.

Last edited:
There is a pretty good documentary called Moment of Contact about a town in Brazil that had an alien encounter. It was pretty interesting.

IMO to think we're the only "advanced life" out there seems impossible to be a legit argument that it's just us and nothing else out there. That said, I'm more skeptical to say that there's alien life patrolling and frequenting our planet, but I also find it ironic to see how far we've come technologically with no outside assistance. My position is valid arguments on both sides, so I'll officially have no position.

IMO to think we're the only "advanced life" out there seems impossible to be a legit argument that it's just us and nothing else out there. That said, I'm more skeptical to say that there's alien life patrolling and frequenting our planet, but I also find it ironic to see how far we've come technologically with no outside assistance. My position is valid arguments on both sides, so I'll officially have no position.
If it's possible to have technology to efficiently and quickly travel through space, then we are almost certainly being visited here and there. My thoughts are if anyone has figured out that technology, then lots of aliens have.

Pretty much where I am as well.

Okay, bear with me here with all the math and stuff. I'm no math or physics expert, but I've been an astronomy buff for years, and am 1000% confident that there is plenty of intelligent life out there. I just find the whole concept really interesting.

The human brain really can't fully appreciate the size of the universe and the incredibly vast amount of solar systems. There are an approximate 2 trillion galaxies in the observable universe, with each having around 200 billion stars. The estimated number of solar systems would therefore be approximately 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (2 septillion), with each averaging numerous exoplanets.

If we assume that intelligent life is exceedingly rare, say 1 out of 100 million solar systems, that mathematically still leaves 2,000,000,000,000,000 (2 quadrillion) solar systems theoretically harboring intelligent life.

Then, factor in that a large portion of those life forms are thousands to millions of years more advanced than our civilization - meaning that technologies could exist that are well beyond our wildest dreams. The common (but physically accurate) thought that we could never have visitors due to the travel distances and speed limitations, becomes moot if advanced technologies have mastered travel outside of normal space-time, such as dimensional travel.

The idea that we are being visited used to be akin to being mentally ill or at best eccentric, but more and more credible information is coming out that we have been aware of supportive evidence for decades but have been purposefully keeping the facts from the public. Over the past year or so there have been multiple congressional meetings on the subject, including a classified meeting last week where members were shown classified military information. Some on the commitee have hinted that what they saw is beyond belief. More will come out, and I wouldn't be shocked if it is disclosed within our lifetimes that we have had direct evidence of alien life for years.

Sorry for the long post.

Nano, nano....

There is alien life out there on other planets in other solar systems but the laws of physics and relativity prevent other civilizations from being able to travel to our planet.

The idea that we are being visited used to be akin to being mentally ill or at best eccentric, but more and more credible information is coming out that we have been aware of supportive evidence for decades but have been purposefully keeping the facts from the public. Over the past year or so there have been multiple congressional meetings on the subject, including a classified meeting last week where members were shown classified military information. Some on the commitee have hinted that what they saw is beyond belief. More will come out, and I wouldn't be shocked if it is disclosed within our lifetimes that we have had direct evidence of alien life for years.

I concur that there is a high probability of life beyond our rock, but any "classified information" from the corrupt governments that run our planet is likely subterfuge to distract people from their corruption.

With the science we know it is highly unlikely that aliens could travel here. Further, even if they could travel here it is a big waste of their time as they could easily have the ability to observe us remotely.

With the science we know it is highly unlikely that aliens could travel here. Further, even if they could travel here it is a big waste of their time as they could easily have the ability to observe us remotely.

The primary reason to travel would be to obtain resources but I can't imagine that anything on Earth would be difficult to obtain for a species capable of travelling such distances. The odds of Earth being a hospitable climate for a foreign species also seems remote.

I concur that there is a high probability of life beyond our rock, but any "classified information" from the corrupt governments that run our planet is likely subterfuge to distract people from their corruption.
No doubt about our government, but the knowledgable people stepping forward are not government officials per se. Most are either private contractors, pilots, military intelligence, etc., and the majority seem very credible. We'll see how it plays out, but your right - trusting the government is a fool's errand.

Latest posts