DJK twitter, follow him

I actually disagree with you on the part about him not being the sharpest tack on the board. Have you every heard DJK speak? He sounds extremely intelligent to me. He might push the "fence" on what is right from wrong, but I don't believe DJK ever totally crosses the fence. He might start going down the wrong path, but he is smart/sly enough to get out of trouble at the right time. I actually think he might have kind of been a part of the Douglas, Bowman, Cleveland, Pugh crowd but he knew when the line was being crossed and got out of trouble before it was too late.

Now some of you might suggest that he isn't being very smart by even starting to go down the wrong path. I would agree with that but if you have been to college, lots of kids do stupid things. But there is a "line in the sand" to be drawn and DJK doesn't cross the line.

Kirk probably doesn't like it that he even pushes the line though.

+1 Totally agree. Spot on with this.

DJK is probably one of the most well spoken student athletes I have ever come across. And his personality is magnetic. That guy is going to be a success in this world even if his football playing days are done next January.

DJK is probably one of the most well spoken student athletes I have ever come across. And his personality is magnetic. That guy is going to be a success in this world even if his football playing days are done next January.

Without a doubt. I had the pleasure during last season to visit with him. He is a class act...

Is it me or is Twitter the "new" facebook?

Seems like it started on myspace then everyone went to facebook and now Twitter

If I remember correctly Facebook got started before MySpace. Facebook was originally strictly for University students as you had to have a University e-mail to sign up. I had a Facebook account back then and someone told me about this new music site that was like Facebook but it was for people who were really into "music scenes".

So I believe Facebook was first...but MySpace was first to allow any one to sign up. I don't know much about Twitter...but I personally think it's all gotten out of hand. Creeping on Facebook used to be something unique...when I would jump on Facebook on a Friday night and start calling chicks to ask them out...that was fun...now it's just creepy.

I agree with you 100%, Jon. In this day in age, it is all about people skills. And DJK is a great talker. He will be very, very successful in life.

If I remember correctly Facebook got started before MySpace. Facebook was originally strictly for University students as you had to have a University e-mail to sign up. I had a Facebook account back then and someone told me about this new music site that was like Facebook but it was for people who were really into "music scenes".

So I believe Facebook was first...but MySpace was first to allow any one to sign up.

MySpace started in August 2003, and anyone could join at that point. Facebook started on February 12, 2004 and wasn't available for non-Ivy League schools until sometime in mid-2005 (I remember starting my account on December 1, 2005). It didn't allow "everyone" to join until more than halfway through 2006.

MySpace was first.

Interesting. I actually feel weird reading some of the stuff these kids post...I signed on after he posted something about his injury being 100%..that sort of thing is good news and worth knowing about that asap..the other stuff is him being a college kid, and the last thing I would have wanted in college was a bunch of grown up strangers watching what I said.

I would not want to be a college kid in today's era..

They teach this stuff in schools, you know. Iowa Core Curriculum, 21st Century Skills, Technology Literacy:

Understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.

Advocate and practice safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology at an age-appropriate level.

Students use technology efficiently and in a manner that does not harm them or others. Their choices demonstrate and advocate for legal and ethical behaviors among peers, family, and community regarding the use of technology and information. Students understand the concept of acceptable use of copyrighted materials, and how disregarding intellectual property affects others.

They teach this stuff in schools, you know. Iowa Core Curriculum, 21st Century Skills, Technology Literacy:
Understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.

Advocate and practice safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology at an age-appropriate level.

Students use technology efficiently and in a manner that does not harm them or others. Their choices demonstrate and advocate for legal and ethical behaviors among peers, family, and community regarding the use of technology and information. Students understand the concept of acceptable use of copyrighted materials, and how disregarding intellectual property affects others.

This should be taught by parents in Common Sense 101 for Tweens.

Latest posts