DJK Helmet issue

Kingsbury14

I don't necessarily believe he should wear the Iowa helmet, but could he not have purchased one as they are available for retail purchase and wear it?

Also, doesn't Utah have rules? Why would they allow him to wear a Utah helmet but he's too evil to wear ours? Our rules are more stringent than the mormons?

Just curious.

I don't necessarily believe he should wear the Iowa helmet, but could he not have purchased one as they are available for retail purchase and wear it?

Also, doesn't Utah have rules? Why would they allow him to wear a Utah helmet but he's too evil to wear ours? Our rules are more stringent than the mormons?

Just curious.

This deserves a thread? Good Lord.

By the way, Utah is not the Mormon school. That would be BRIGHAM YOUNG University, located in Provo, UT.

I realize BYU is the mormon school but I decided to take the next step and assume there's also plenty of mormons at the public U as well. Extreme critical thinking I know.

Sorry, I didn't realize DJK posts are now off limits.

"good to know"

Did you notice that the Miami (FL) running back was wearing a Virginia Tech Helmet. The guys out there are just having fun. Who cares, their trying to move forward.

I realize BYU is the mormon school but I decided to take the next step and assume there's also plenty of mormons at the public U as well. Extreme critical thinking I know.

Sorry, I didn't realize DJK posts are now off limits.

"good to know"

Who cares where he got his helmet? So what if he could have bought one? DJK posts are not off limits. But a stupid topic is a stupid topic.

Just curious.

Those helmets can be pricey to purchase, upwards of a couple hundred bucks. And DJK has little less cash flow these days if you know what I'm saying.

Don't let these guys dawg you about the thread issue. As soon as I'm done typing this I'm starting a thread about Hunter's socks. They don't appear to be standard issue equipment either. I have a sneaking suspicion they came from somewhere in Illinois, not to start rumors of course.

Who cares where he got his helmet? So what if he could have bought one? DJK posts are not off limits. But a stupid topic is a stupid topic.

Agreed TM, which is why you should take a sabatical from the board good buddy. Your material is tuuurrribblle.

TM is right. This *is* a stupid topic. You really expect DJK to BUY a helmet to wear when he could wear one that someone obviously gave him?

TM is right. This *is* a stupid topic. You really expect DJK to BUY a helmet to wear when he could wear one that someone obviously gave him?

Dwayne, step away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself. This is a *fantastic* topic. Please note the use of astericks as you did. Fade back hoss

thisthreadsucks.jpg

Last edited:

Just give up, when someone with 4700 posts has spoken, its over. LOL really.... get a life.

And DJK has little less cash flow these days if you know what I'm saying.

Doubtful. Most agents front their clients some cash against their upcoming NFL salary. And DJK *will* get an NFL contract, whether by draft or FA.

DJK played the game well today, and his play was what gave The Nation team an opportunity to win. I do not care what others say, he deserved to where a Hawkeye helmet in his last college game. We have had players make far worse mistakes and still stay on the team.

Fire away, guys, but IMHO, DJK is still a Hawkeye and IMO, he will make us proud in the NFL!

DJK played the game well today, and his play was what gave The Nation team an opportunity to win. I do not care what others say, he deserved to where a Hawkeye helmet in his last college game. We have had players make far worse mistakes and still stay on the team.

Fire away, guys, but IMHO, DJK is still a Hawkeye and IMO, he will make us proud in the NFL!

Name one player under Ferentz who did something worse and played another down for the Hawks.

I'm one of the biggest DJK fans you'll find. But the university was right in not letting him wear the helmet. He understood that completely, and took the decision in stride.

For anyone that says this is a stupid topic.

Their screen name must be Kingsbury14. because, make no mistake, this is definitely a stupid topic. The only reason it merits responses is to ridicule the OP.

Kirk came off as a ***** not letting Derrell wear an Iowa helmet.

In the minds of the vast majority of Hawkeye fans he still is and will always be a Hawkeye.

Derrell cost himself hundreds of thosuands of dollars with his bonehead decisions but he still graduated from Iowa and is the best receiver of the Ferentz or Fry era.

Dwight was a better return guy, but Derrell is the best wr. You can look it up.

Kirk came off as a ***** not letting Derrell wear an Iowa helmet.

In the minds of the vast majority of Hawkeye fans he still is and will always be a Hawkeye.

Derrell cost himself hundreds of thosuands of dollars with his bonehead decisions but he still graduated from Iowa and is the best receiver of the Ferentz or Fry era.

Dwight was a better return guy, but Derrell is the best wr. You can look it up.

1. It may not have been KF's decision to not allow him to wear a helmet.
2. DJK deserved to go without it.

As I said earlier, I'm one of his biggest fans (hence the drawing that is my avatar). But he earned his punishment. Derrell understands that, he made absolutely zero fuss about it. No flat out b*tching on Twitter, not even subtle remarks. He accepted it and moved on.

He will still always be a Hawkeye. This doesn't change that fact at all.

Latest posts