DJK Charges Dismissed

More details at this one: Johnson-Koulianos Pleads Guilty to Marijuana Possession | KCRG-TV9 | Cedar Rapids, Iowa News, Sports, and Weather | Local News

As predicted by most, deferred judgement, pretty normal for a 1st-time offender.

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Former University of Iowa receiver Derrell Johnson-Koulianos has pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana in exchange for other drug charges being dismissed.

Johnson-Koulianos, 23, was granted a deferred judgment, which means if he completes one year of unsupervised probation without further violations the offense would be cleared from his record.

Johnson-Koulianos must also undergo a substance abuse evaluation within 30 days provide a clean urine analysis within 10 days, notify the Johnson County Clerk of Court of any changes of address and pay a $315 civil penalty.

Johnson-Koulianos was arrested Dec. 7 and charged with five counts of drug possession. The state alleged he was in possession of cocaine and marijuana, as well as drugs Ambien, Diazepam and Dilaudid without prescriptions.

Police also charged Johnson-Koulianos’s roommate, Brady C. Johnson, 21, with drug charges after a search of their house, 1128 E. Washington St.

Iowa Football Coach Kirk Ferentz, who suspended Johnson-Koulianos, Iowa’s all-time leader in receiving yards and receptions, from all activities in December. Johnson-Koulianos is a senior.

His latest tweet leads you to believe that he doesn't like any of the Hawkeye staff

If nothing else. This entire deal has brought me closer to my hawkeye family. Aside my ex-coaches.

He really isn't that smart a guy is he?

Charges dismissed. God always knows the truth. To all the people who held and continue to hold me down. Thank you for standing by my side.

God does know the truth, as does everyone else as you admitted to drug use and tested positive for marijuana, cocaine, and other drugs. I don't really get some of his tweets. He is acting innocent after admitting he did it

Went about the way I predicted this case would. A guilty plea to the least serious charge. Deferred judgement, so if he stays clean no jail time.

He really isn't that smart a guy is he?

God does know the truth, as does everyone else as you admitted to drug use and tested positive for marijuana, cocaine, and other drugs. I don't really get some of his tweets. He is acting innocent after admitting he did it

yeah hes no Troy Davis..

His latest tweet leads you to believe that he doesn't like any of the Hawkeye staff

How does that imply he doesn't like the hawkeye staff? There is reading into something wrong, and then there is failing to comprehend a simple message.

He's just saying that this situation has brought stress between him in the coaching staff, and it should.

I don't care what he pleaded down to..he still tested positive for pot and coke. To come out and thank everyone who believed in him and stood by him and act pretty much innocent is completely absurd.

I don't care what he pleaded down to..he still tested positive for pot and coke. To come out and thank everyone who believed in him and stood by him and act pretty much innocent is completely absurd.

you can stand by someone and still believe in them even when they fall.

I dont think anyone thinks hes innocent in this deal.

Only if it's on the HR Premium Board. That's where Matt get all his info.

It is where all the 'inside sources' are...

Anyway, I'm not surprised this is how the situation's played out thus far. I really don't feel DJK was the original target of the police investigation, and I feel his cooperation upon his arrest and presumably afterward was traded for charges to be dropped off.

Plus, it was his first violation, correct (had he even been arrested prior to that for any alcohol violations)?

Wonder if him and arob are going to have a celebratory "we got off scott free with no punishment" weed crack and pill party.

He'll be back on the junk within a week, really wish Johnson county wouldn't of cut this loser a deal he will learn nothing from it.

Wonder if him and arob are going to have a celebratory "we got off scott free with no punishment" weed crack and pill party.

He'll be back on the junk within a week, really wish Johnson county wouldn't of cut this loser a deal he will learn nothing from it.

The original bust generated national headlines because it involved a "star" player on the Iowa football team, and it appears an investigator or assistant prosecutor got a little trigger-happy adding the drug house charge, which seemed to add gravitas to the story. But in terms of criminal cases working their way through Johnson County courts, this was small potatoes. If neither of the students was well known, it likely would have been a single small item in the paper if it was a news story at all.

Prosecutors want to dispose of these cases as quickly as possible to be able to focus their limited resources on bigger cases and move proceedings through the courts. So it was no surprise that the drug house charge got dropped and that after negotiations between his lawyer and the prosecutor's office DJK was allowed to enter a plea to one, less serious charge. Deferred judgement is usually given to first-time offenders.

Happens all the time in lower level cases.