DJK Charges Dismissed

I agree with tweeter (which may make us both wrong) this was a case of simple possession that was blown out of proportion due to the fact that DJK was a star player on the state's football team. The bust itself wasn't a big deal, the real story was the fact that a talented young man was willing to jeopardize a promising future while casting a shadow on the people and program that prepared him for that future.

Wonder if him and arob are going to have a celebratory "we got off scott free with no punishment" weed crack and pill party.

He'll be back on the junk within a week, really wish Johnson county wouldn't of cut this loser a deal he will learn nothing from it.

You ever made a mistake? I have not and will not defend DJK regarding this incident, but this is overboard.

How about you just root for the Oregon Ducks and leave rooting for the Hawks to the rest of us?

Wonder if him and arob are going to have a celebratory "we got off scott free with no punishment" weed crack and pill party.

He'll be back on the junk within a week, really wish Johnson county wouldn't of cut this loser a deal he will learn nothing from it.

Yeah, they should have caned him or something.

You ever made a mistake? I have not and will not defend DJK regarding this incident, but this is overboard.

How about you just root for the Oregon Ducks and leave rooting for the Hawks to the rest of us?

We will root for the Hawks. DJK is not a Hawk. He put himself before the team and let them down. That's why I do not, nor will I ever support him again. He is not the victim here because he "made a mistake", he willfully and repeatedly broke team rules and the law to the detrimant of the team, the university, and the entire state.

Go away DJK, and shut your big, over-rated mouth.

We will root for the Hawks. DJK is not a Hawk. He put himself before the team and let them down. That's why I do not, nor will I ever support him again. He is not the victim here because he "made a mistake", he willfully and repeatedly broke team rules and the law to the detrimant of the team, the university, and the entire state.

Never said he didnt screw up or make numerous mistakes, which is why I said I have never or will never defend him. Just think the poster I was responding to went overboard with his post.

Never said he didnt screw up or make numerous mistakes, which is why I said I have never or will never defend him. Just think the poster I was responding to went overboard with his post.

Then you called him out for not being a real fan. DJK is the one who willingly and repeatedly let the team down, not anyone criticising him (no matter how harsh). If you need to lash out at someone and tell them to follow another team, go after DJK.

Then you called him out for not being a real fan. DJK is the one who willingly and repeatedly let the team down, not anyone criticising him (no matter how harsh). If you need to lash out at someone and tell them to follow another team, go after DJK.

I just dont think any internet poster has a right to call a player or former player a loser or take personal shots at them. Why does it bother this person if DJK got a plea deal and got all but one charged tossed?

He has been given a chance to clear his record and if he screws it up it will be his own fault. It almost seems like that makes Garandx bitter.

you have to be a troll.

nobody could claim to be a Drake graduate and post as stupidly as you do.

you have to be a troll.

nobody could claim to be a Drake graduate and post as stupidly as you do.

What issues do you have with I said? You don't think he let the team down? You don't think he was selfish? You don't think he willingly broke the rules for his own benefit at the expense of his teammates?

What issues do you have with I said? You don't think he let the team down? You don't think he was selfish? You don't think he willingly broke the rules for his own benefit at the expense of his teammates?

first of all, in an earlier thread you claimed he would be going to jail. Shows how little you know about misdemeanor arrests of first time offenders.

second of all, if every Hawk who broke the law in Iowa City whilst going to school there is no longer a Hawk, you wouldnt have many dudes to worship.

first of all, in an earlier thread you claimed he would be going to jail. Shows how little you know about misdemeanor arrests of first time offenders.

second of all, if every Hawk who broke the law in Iowa City whilst going to school there is no longer a Hawk, you wouldnt have many dudes to worship.

First of all...I did?

Second of all, there is a difference between a senior leader letting down the team before a bowl game and a freshman getting caught for a paula. There is a difference between making mistakes and being selfish. I think DJK was being selfish (or mind bogglingly stupid).

farmgirl
Senior

Re: DJK to put Hawkeye Helmet on one last time
Will he have a Tigerhawk on his orange jumpsuit, you know, to continue to represent the Hawks?

From this SI article, it sounds like DJK has something to look forward to come day 2 or 3 or 4 (however long its lasts) of the draft.

"A number of teams were relieved to hear Iowa receiver Derrell Johnson-Koulianos will only receive probation in conjunction with his arrest on drug charges from last December. Johnson-Koulianos pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana in a plea-bargain deal. He was initially charged with keeping a drug house, a misdemeanor that carried up to two years in prison. The latest development means Johnson-Koulianos will likely be selected in the late round and can participate in camp this summer."

farmgirl
Senior

Re: DJK to put Hawkeye Helmet on one last time
Will he have a Tigerhawk on his orange jumpsuit, you know, to continue to represent the Hawks?

That comment was pretty tounge in cheek, but whatever. If you want to believe I was wrong about DJK going to jail, have at it. Keep checking my post history, I'm sure you'll find more.

That's why I do not, nor will I ever support him again. He is not the victim here because he "made a mistake", he willfully and repeatedly broke team rules and the law to the detrimant of the team, the university, and the entire state.

Willfully and repeatedly? What had he done prior to this, exactly?

By contrast, James Ferentz actually did willfully and repeatedly break team rules. Will you ever support him again? Should he go away and shut his mouth also?

Willfully and repeatedly? What had he done prior to this, exactly?

By contrast, James Ferentz actually did willfully and repeatedly break team rules. Will you ever support him again? Should he go away and shut his mouth also?

Well he was obviously doing something against team policy with regularity to keep him in the doghouse those first couple years. And he willfully and repeatedly broke rules/showed irresponsibility each time he snorted nose candy. He got caught once, but I doubt that was the first time he tried it.

Latest posts