DJK: All smiles in his gangster glasses

DJK managed to "flash a smile" during his initial court appearance today. :mad:

He also was wearing his trademark 300% UV protection gangster sunglasses :cool:

What a punk. I guess Ferentz was right about him all along.

Iowa's Johnson-Koulianos appears on drug charges

not sure why you needed to describe the glasses as gangster....seems a little inappropriate

Smug may be a better term.

I can't say that I blame him for wearing the glasses. I wouldn't want to see the media, fans, etc. outside the courthouse.

not sure why you needed to describe the glasses as gangster....seems a little inappropriate

Smug may be a better term.

I can't say that I blame him for wearing the glasses. I wouldn't want to see the media, fans, etc. outside the courthouse.

Not to mention it's quite sunny today. I wore my shades today. Guess I'm a gangster too.

Just a common term for glasses with extremely dark tint. The same type of glasses DJK wore at a press conf. that upset Ferentz.

Yea because everyone who wears those kind of sunglasses is obviously a gangster. You got that right. Guess this means I'm a gangsta now. Get real man. I'm sure because he flashed a little smile he is real happy he is in this situation and doesn't regret it. Of course!

Also, not sure I really saw a smile in any of those pictures.

If it was night time and he was wearing it might be gangster, if you consider Corey Hart gangster I guess.

With the pile of problems this guy just got in to I'd rather not add UV damaged retinas on top of that pile as well.

Its fair game to criticize the "image" DJK wants to put forward after allegedly committing a criminal act that potentially cost him his career. Lots of people are watching, including other college athletes and children. I don't think he's helping his image, by cracking smiles and wearing dark sunglasses like eazy-e, but if you want to defend him, be my guest.

Its fair game to criticize the "image" DJK wants to put forward after allegedly committing a criminal act that potentially cost him his career. Lots of people are watching, including other college athletes and children. I don't think he's helping his image, by cracking smiles and wearing dark sunglasses like eazy-e, but if you want to defend him, be my guest.

Your a joke dude. I don't see anyone in this thread defending him for what he did as a criminal. Go troll somewhere else plz.

I guess Ferentz was right about him all along.

I'm very tired of seeing post about KF being right or he knew best. Why was he at the University for 5 years and able to become the leading receiver in Iowa history? Answer me that?

IMO it shows he was wrong to keep him and he didn't know best.

I was a huge supporter of DJK and also still very much a supporter of KF. This entire situation reeks...

Last edited:
So why is everyone getting so upset about the "gangsta" comment. I doubt the OP believes DJK lives life as a true gang-banger. Saying that something is "gangsta" (when used in this context) is just slang for saying something is cool.

Wow people who condemns someone for wearing dark glasses.

I wear dark glasses all the time because of an eye condition.. both outside and the sun and inside because of over-lighting.

I believe Caoch Fry often wore dark glasses and now I know why. He was a gang leader... and some of his members included Barry Alvarez, the Stoops BROZZZ, B SNYYY, the list goes on.

Please folks, for better health of youer eyes, wear sun glasses in bright sunlight.

DJK managed to "flash a smile" during his initial court appearance today. :mad:

He also was wearing his trademark 300% UV protection gangster sunglasses :cool:

What a punk. I guess Ferentz was right about him all along.

Posts like these need to stop. Everyone realizes he made a huge mistake, one he's going to pay for dearly.

However this type of behavior shows as little class as DJK showed judgment by putting himself in this situation.

The bigger punk in this situation is the OP.

Yea because everyone who wears those kind of sunglasses is obviously a gangster. You got that right. Guess this means I'm a gangsta now. Get real man. I'm sure because he flashed a little smile he is real happy he is in this situation and doesn't regret it. Of course!

Also, not sure I really saw a smile in any of those pictures.

He sure doesn't present the image of being too remorseful. I know I wouldn't be smiling to the press if I commited such acts. I'd be walking around a little embarrassed of myself. Then again, I was raised with higher standards.

Per AP:
Decked out in big glasses and sports jacket over a turtleneck, Johnson-Koulianos smiled for photographers as he entered the Johnson County courtroom. He stood with his hands behind his back as Judge Stephen Gerard read the seven charges against him and the potential jail time -- up to 7½ years -- and fines he faces. He waived his right to a preliminary hearing and an arraignment date was not immediately scheduled.

the actual charges make him more gangster than the sunglasses do

but either way i think it is cancelled out by the turtleneck

Latest posts