DJ Harvey Chooses Vandy

Everyone is inaccurate. I don’t know that the basketball program is going nowhere. I expect the basketball program to become more than it is now.

Of course I hope you are right but we all know until Fran lands the point guard we all know that we need to reach that next level, it’s going to be a lot of hitting and missing.

You know Dolph’s point was well taken in that you find many little schools that have been able to recruit better point guards than we have. As he said in his comment that little school we were playing had two point guards on and we would be happy just to have one of them. It was very unfortunate that the mike was open as he would never say what he said to disparage an Iowa player on the public airwaves like he did. That being said, it was true what he pointed out.

I guess a legit Big Ten point guard is Fran’s crypto nite. The two can not found together
on an Iowa bench at the same time. :mad:

They both made the tournament four times. How is that superior? Because Iowa made the Round of 32 two more times?

If anything, the programs are pretty even.

Iowa lost PG Riley LaChance from Wisconsin to Vandy in '14. He was Ellingson's AAU teammate. Iowa lost F Joseph Toye from Chicago to Vandy in the '15 Class.

Yes. Vandy was terrible last season. They got a new coach with NBA juice who is off to a fast start in recruiting.

Iowa was terrible two seasons ago and has made the tournament once in the last three years.

Are you secretly a Vanderbilt fan? We've made the tourney 4 of the past 6 seasons. We just missed it during our NIT season. They've made it 2 of the past 6 seasons. We have quite a few more wins over that time period. They are coming off an epicly bad season with almost no chance of making the tourney this coming season. Iowa basketball has a lot more history in general.

Are you secretly a Vanderbilt fan? We've made the tourney 4 of the past 6 seasons. We just missed it during our NIT season. They've made it 2 of the past 6 seasons. We have quite a few more wins over that time period. They are coming off an epicly bad season with almost no chance of making the tourney this coming season. Iowa basketball has a lot more history in general.

I'm working within reality and objectivity.

If you think Iowa is a "superior" program to Vandy right now, you are not.

Of course I hope you are right but we all know until Fran lands the point guard we all know that we need to reach that next level, it’s going to be a lot of hitting and missing.

You know Dolph’s point was well taken in that you find many little schools that have been able to recruit better point guards than we have. As he said in his comment that little school we were playing had two point guards on and we would be happy just to have one of them. It was very unfortunate that the mike was open as he would never say what he said to disparage an Iowa player on the public airwaves like he did. That being said, it was true what he pointed out.

I guess a legit Big Ten point guard is Fran’s crypto nite. The two can not found together
on an Iowa bench at the same time. :mad:
I’m hoping JT is that Big 10 PG. We definitely need him to be. I’m not getting too high or low over recent developments, departures, etc.

We have 2 freshmen that could be pretty good. We have 3 RS players that could be pretty good. We have some size. We have some shooters. Three of the 4 departures aren’t good FT shooters. We should be even better from the line.

And there are certainly negatives. Moss was good from 3 and the line. Cook was our leading rebounder. I won’t really know how good we are until early December.

I'm working within reality and objectivity.

If you think Iowa is a "superior" program to Vandy right now, you are not.

That is a pretty sad indictment of Iowa's men's basketball program if it's not living in reality to think they are superior to a team that went 0-18 in conference play.

That is a pretty sad indictment of Iowa's men's basketball program if it's not living in reality to think they are superior to a team that went 0-18 in conference play.

These things don't happen in a vacuum. Vandy was bad last year and Iowa was bad the year before. The programs' success during the last 10-15 years is comparable.

Vandy as two potential first-round picks in this year's NBA Draft and had four former players in the league this season. The Hawkeyes have none and none.

I'm surprised people are so surprised by this kid picking Vandy ahead of Iowa. Neither program is far and away ahead of the other. They are comparable.

These things don't happen in a vacuum. Vandy was bad last year and Iowa was bad the year before. The programs' success during the last 10-15 years is comparable.

Vandy as two potential first-round picks in this year's NBA Draft and had four former players in the league this season. The Hawkeyes have none and none.

I'm surprised people are so surprised by this kid picking Vandy ahead of Iowa. Neither program is far and away ahead of the other. They are comparable.

I know but I’m bitter and want to make myself feel better.

I’m not surprised. Frustrated as a lifelong hawk fan but not surprised.

I’m hoping JT is that Big 10 PG. We definitely need him to be. I’m not getting too high or low over recent developments, departures, etc.

We have 2 freshmen that could be pretty good. We have 3 RS players that could be pretty good. We have some size. We have some shooters. Three of the 4 departures aren’t good FT shooters. We should be even better from the line.

And there are certainly negatives. Moss was good from 3 and the line. Cook was our leading rebounder. I won’t really know how good we are until early December.

I agree and am hoping one or two of the new guys surprise us all.