DISH...

lost BTN at 9:33 A.M. Not happy!!!!!!!

Beyond not happy!! I switched to Direct last Friday night but could not get an install date until Monday.

Going to have to go over to my snobby bro/sis in law who do not even know the game exists. Damn yuppies!!

That owner who owns dish is a crazy, stubborn old coot. No Walking Dead and no Hawkeyes sealed the deal for me.

Haha...I was chatting with a Dish rep when the announcement came in:

Mike: I turn to BTN and see a very fancy screen saying where I can catch other college football games...because I won't get to see the biggest game of the year here in Iowa
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I understand sir. The biggest rivalry is going today Iowa vs. Iowa St.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I can fill out a petition in your name regarding this take down.
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: It seems the biggest rivalry right now is between Dish, BTN, and the FANS
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: no one is filling out a petition in my name
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Ok.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I understand your're upset sir.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Could I maybe offer you free HBO and Cinemax for 3 months (and if you like them after that half off for the following 3 months)?
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: I am happy I am no longer under any contractual obligations with Dish...it allows me to make a decision easier if I have to
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: no, I won't pay for anything, even half price, because of this...
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Maybe I confused you.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I did say Free for 3 months.
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: yes, you did...then said half off the next 3 if I liked it
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Correct, if.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): There's no obligation to keep it.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): It's just a gift.
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: I don't see where I need to pay anything because of a matter of principle when two companies cannot find middle ground
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): What would you like to do today sir?
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: watch the Iowa game
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: thanks for your help
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): No problem sir.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Have a wonderful day, if you would like my offer I'll save it in your account memos.
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: thank you
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I hope we get this resolved before that game!
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): WAIT!

chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Just news!!

chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): We got it back!!!!
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: what are the details
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: short or long term?
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Long term!
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: that matters if I stay or not
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): It's breaking news right now,
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: I'm not going to hug you, just so you know
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: but messing with fans like that is not cool
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: and I will say the same thing to BTN
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Haha.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I hear you!
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Well Mike, would you like my free deal now?
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: I'm not sure

And I'll counter that with still blaming dish for the same reason as they will raise their prices with or without BTN...
Maybe they will and maybe they won't but we all know that the BTN is making huge profits. To the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. I don't know what Dish makes. The other aspect of that is the way the BTN has been advertising for Dish customers to switch to someone else and blaming Dish for the problems when I believe that the BTN is more to blame than Dish. Some would say there is no such thing as fighting dirty but in my book that is fighting dirty. It's nice that the BTN makes a lot of money for the UI athletics department but asking for more is pure greed.

Haha...I was chatting with a Dish rep when the announcement came in:

Mike: I turn to BTN and see a very fancy screen saying where I can catch other college football games...because I won't get to see the biggest game of the year here in Iowa
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I understand sir. The biggest rivalry is going today Iowa vs. Iowa St.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I can fill out a petition in your name regarding this take down.
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: It seems the biggest rivalry right now is between Dish, BTN, and the FANS
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: no one is filling out a petition in my name
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Ok.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I understand your're upset sir.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Could I maybe offer you free HBO and Cinemax for 3 months (and if you like them after that half off for the following 3 months)?
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: I am happy I am no longer under any contractual obligations with Dish...it allows me to make a decision easier if I have to
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: no, I won't pay for anything, even half price, because of this...
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Maybe I confused you.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I did say Free for 3 months.
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: yes, you did...then said half off the next 3 if I liked it
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Correct, if.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): There's no obligation to keep it.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): It's just a gift.
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: I don't see where I need to pay anything because of a matter of principle when two companies cannot find middle ground
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): What would you like to do today sir?
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: watch the Iowa game
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: thanks for your help
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): No problem sir.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Have a wonderful day, if you would like my offer I'll save it in your account memos.
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: thank you
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I hope we get this resolved before that game!
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): WAIT!

chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Just news!!

chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): We got it back!!!!
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: what are the details
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: short or long term?
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Long term!
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: that matters if I stay or not
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): It's breaking news right now,
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: I'm not going to hug you, just so you know
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: but messing with fans like that is not cool
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: and I will say the same thing to BTN
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Haha.
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): I hear you!
chat_agent.png
Michael (ID: 7SL): Well Mike, would you like my free deal now?
chat_enduser_message.png
Mike: I'm not sure
I gotta know, did you take the free $hit?

I just got this post on Facebook after I posted on their wall:

DISH John, DISH is pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement with Big Ten Network that will allow you to keep all of your college football programming. Thank you for your patience and loyalty while we work to bring you the best programming at the best value. -Cheri T.

Sounds like it's all legit.

My wife just got off with dish and the rep said another short term agreement had been reached but did not tell her for how long. The rep GUARANTEED that BTN would on all day today. Take it for what its worth.

Maybe they will and maybe they won't but we all know that the BTN is making huge profits. To the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. I don't know what Dish makes. The other aspect of that is the way the BTN has been advertising for Dish customers to switch to someone else and blaming Dish for the problems when I believe that the BTN is more to blame than Dish. Some would say there is no such thing as fighting dirty but in my book that is fighting dirty. It's nice that the BTN makes a lot of money for the UI athletics department but asking for more is pure greed.

There is no "maybe they will and maybe they won't"...Dish makes huge profits as well. There is always plenty of blame to go around and if you think this is all on BTN then you're either a Dish fan or a Cyclone fan or both.

DISH John, DISH is pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement with Big Ten Network that will allow you to keep all of your college football programming. Thank you for your patience and loyalty while we work to bring you the best programming at the best value. -Cheri T.

Weird, here is on on BTN's facebook page:

DISH is pleased to announce that we have reached a short term agreement with Big Ten Network that will allow you to keep all of your college football programming. Thank you for your patience and loyalty while we work to bring you the best programming at the best value. - Ray C.

It says "short term" which is a problem

Getting reports on fb as well. People saying things like "an agreement was reached 17 minutes ago" etc etc.

Weird, here is on on BTN's facebook page:

DISH is pleased to announce that we have reached a short term agreement with Big Ten Network that will allow you to keep all of your college football programming. Thank you for your patience and loyalty while we work to bring you the best programming at the best value. - Ray C.

It says "short term" which is a problem

So we get to do this next week too??? SWEET!:D

Latest posts