DiNardo: Iowa class composite 12th in B1G; Maryland, Rutgers several notches above

Re: DiNardo: Iowa class composite 12th in B1G; Maryland, Rutgers several notches abov

Rivals just released their top recruiters in the BIG .......no Iowa representation, no surprise. Former Hawk, Rick K., made the list for Nebraska.

Re: DiNardo: Iowa class composite 12th in B1G; Maryland, Rutgers several notches abov

Rivals just released their top recruiters in the BIG .......no Iowa representation, no surprise. Former Hawk, Rick K., made the list for Nebraska.

Kind of surprised that Brian didn't atleast get a mention.

Is that for DL leaving Nebraska?

Adding Rutgers and Maryland hurt Iowa. If kids out there want to play in the B1G, they can just stay out there and be closer to home.

These rankings are what they are but from Wisky-Iowa (8-12) Its really not much separation at all and it very rarely plays out how the "experts" predict. Again when we got Delano Hill to commit he was a 3 star and later got risen to 4 star after the camp in Oregon and Johny Football was a 3 star recruit two years ago. This class for us isn't a Michigan or OSU class but its really got some solid players and we can and have identified and developed good players for the system......We just gotta keep em. I like this class and predict that it will turn out to be much better than 12th best in the BIG. We got some good players and at need positions with speed. Thats what we needed. Next class needs to address DE and DL but we should be ok.

We are looking at BigTen doormat for the next decade if we don't pick it up.

It's to bad DiNardo didn't put out a list of Nice's Coaches in the Big Ten.

When I look at the National and Conference rankings, I agree but I look at the recruits and I like who they added. They addressed some key issues but only time will tell if this is a good class or not. However, right now the only thing that would have made this class better in my opinion on NSD is if they would have added a DE.

Four million doesn't buy what it use to.

Four million doesn't buy what it use to.

Wow, good post. KF's salary should be direct result of recruiting rankings. Besides the fact that KF has had 1 top 10 recruiting class ever. He has had maybe 1-2 top 25 recruiting classes so your post makes little to no sense.

I am not saying that he is worth his salary in results on the field any of the past three seasons but he did earn that salary in the past and if you look beyond the win column this program is oozing money. College football unfortunately is a business and until the big donors stop donating, ticket sales drop drastically KF will be the coach. So people need to stop being so small minded and realize this and their lives will be much happier. Yes, we all want Iowa to win more games but KF's salary has nothing to do with it.

Besides, I guarantee 99% of the people on here that have season tickets either don't donate or do not donate more than a few hundred dollars at most. If you feel that entitles you to a "voice" then so be it. But in reality, no it doesn't. It is your "choice" to donate, just like it is your "choice" to purchase tickets.

Can we get back to discussing recruiting and NOT bring up KF's salary?

The biggest gap that makes all the difference is the HC thus they are way ahead of us. Sorry to admit it but no amount of talent or coaching changes will make up for the glaring issues we have at the HC position.

:
I'm not too worried about this. The gap between PSU and Iowa is pretty small, and its filled with a lot of B1G teams. One recruit his way or that would have hanged he pecking order pretty well, IMO (Specifically Kenney and/or Hill). The class we got is pretty solid, and with some development, can make a huge impact.
What I see here is the potential for a larger gap to develop between top tier teams of the conference and the mid tier teams. However, only time will tell if that really happens or not.

Gerry DiNardo@gerrydinardo
2013 B1G Final Recruiting Composite Rankings using Rivals,Scout,24/7,ESPN: #Northwestern 11 in B1G 49 Nationally#Hawkeyes 12 in B1G 53 Nationally

Full list, conference, national composite:

1. Ohio State 1
2. Michigan 5
3. Nebraska 17
4. Penn State 34
5. Michigan St. 38
6. Maryland 39
7. Rutgers 40
8. Wisconsin 44
9. Illinois 45
10. Indiana
11. Northwestern 49
12. Iowa 53
13. Purdue 59
14. Minnesota 66

Of course we would love to be higher, that said I think we addressed needs and more than that...would argue VERY little difference between 35-53. Maybe not....we will see.

We are looking at BigTen doormat for the next decade if we don't pick it up.

too general of a statement...and possible a bit over dramatic. If you compare this class to the classes the last, say, 20 years, I would say were only slightly down outside of a few outliers. Would it REALLY make a big difference if we were, say, ranked #41 or similar?

Of course I would like to have higher ranked classes, but unless your consistantly #25 or better on an annual basis, you have to develop talent, and then retain it (see reasons for recent last two year struggles). Iowa will most likely never be an annual top 25 recruiter...reasons are valid and have been expressed thuroughly in past threads.

Of course we would love to be higher, that said I think we addressed needs and more than that...would argue VERY little difference between 35-53. Maybe not....we will see.

That National ranking list of all current (and future) Bigten teams is a good illustration of why the conference struggles. Two middling teams from supposedly weak conferences (ACC and Big"least") are in the middle of thier new league.

That National ranking list of all current (and future) Bigten teams is a good illustration of why the conference struggles. Two middling teams from supposedly weak conferences (ACC and Big"least") are in the middle of thier new league.

This. Embarrassing.

Things could get interesting inside Fort Kinnick this season.

take that purdon't and minnymouse!

Wait! Maryland and Rutgers WERE added to the Big Ten?? We're the hell have I been?

One could argue that both of these teams are in the middle of fertile grounds, so it's a little easier to sway talent.

Latest posts