Did Jon just yada yada yada us?

How bad will our offense have to be for Brian to lose his job?

Brian would have been better served if Iowa had opened up the position, interviewed candidates and then make a decision. There would still be people uncomfortable with the hire but at least they would have gone through the correct process.

No way in the world is KF firing his son!!!

Last edited:
I get that I raised multiple topics and that just because I started the thread doesn't mean I get to dictate where it goes, but this was really more of a good spirited critique of Jon sort of glossing over (IMO) the very real fallout of the way the coaches allegedly behaved in the Eno situation, which now appears to be out in the public. I don't run a podcast with thousands of listeners, but if I did, I probably wouldn't have ended that discussion that way. It felt like there's a big story about the overall recruiting impact that now that we know the coaches were being at least a little shady, probably could have done with a bit more exposition.

Actually, Rob spoke of this in another thread. He and Jon "knew" much of what had happened, but to bring i\out into the open was wrong because it was at a time when coaches couldn't comment on recruits and thus would have left the staff unable to answer any questions that would (inevitably) have come their way.

How bad will our offense have to be for Brian to lose his job?

Brian would have been better served if Iowa had opened up the position, interviewed candidates and then make a decision. There would still be people uncomfortable with the hire but at least they would have gone through the correct process.

Is this a corporate retailer or a football program? Many of us spend countless hours everyday in engulfed in red tape, rules, PC police, etc. so now my favorite football team has to join the fray too so people won't ge their panties in a bunch?

Again I just want to see good football and win games. Hire who you want. Spare me the stupid corporate rules. That's not why I follow Iowa Football. You do not need to do some stupid corporate search and interview process with a committee of 12 including the University librarian. Please!

I hope it works. I'm sure he's going to try his rear off. If he fails they will all be accountable and everyone moves on. Tee it high and let it fly.

It's also not improbable that if Brian Ferentz was Brian Smith and his resume and awards were the same that he could not have been promoted from OL coach/running co-ordinator to OC.

I'm picturing a Thunderdome moment when Greg Davis is given play-calling and passing game co-ordinator and senior QB and Brian is given OL and running game co-ordinator.

Two men enter. One man leaves.

Latest posts