Did Jon just yada yada yada us?

It's so bad but I'm not joking. I'm working when I listen to them so normally when they go off on tangents about other stuff, I zone out. I've always thought he was left wing but once he said something that made me think I might be wrong and I couldn't remember anything he had said to make me think he was left in the first place. I thought maybe I always just assumed be was left because people always think he's a douche.

I get that I raised multiple topics and that just because I started the thread doesn't mean I get to dictate where it goes, but this was really more of a good spirited critique of Jon sort of glossing over (IMO) the very real fallout of the way the coaches allegedly behaved in the Eno situation, which now appears to be out in the public. I don't run a podcast with thousands of listeners, but if I did, I probably wouldn't have ended that discussion that way. It felt like there's a big story about the overall recruiting impact that now that we know the coaches were being at least a little shady, probably could have done with a bit more exposition.

May need to start a new thread (without the Deace reference) in order to talk about the real subject of your OP.

Eh, I run an internet forum (for an unrelated topic). There's no use in trying to manage the flow... just let it flow.

The most recent podcast could have been wrapped up in 5 minutes. All points had been made by then. But to their credit, they created a longer event.

Jon essentially toes the party line now that he's more mature than us dolts on message boards in case you didn't get the message. Hey, but have you tried the Ruthie?

Back to the OP... who the freak cares if it's nepotism or not? If it works great for us and if not he'll be out the door in time meaning there will be an entirely new staff.

I just want to win as much as possible and play good football so if Kirk can get that done hiring a chimp or Mary Ferentz as OC I really do not care.

Guys, the negativity on this board about BF is getting old. Nepotism, unqualified...who cares. You guys are looking at this all wrong. This is a win win situation. If he succeeds, great. If he doesn't, more than likely they're both gone. Win, win! And I'm not sure why you'd want Jon to elaborate more on the assistants. Its pretty cut and dry as to what happened. No need to shed more light on a negative, isolated incident. They're gone. Let's move on.

What would be interesting on this whole nepotism thing is.....and we'll probably never know, but who else did Iowa seriously interview for the OC position?

If resumes were laid out and KF-JR 'earned' it, OK. If nobody was interviewed, or a bunch of nobodies, then it does beg the question.

With all due respect to the fact that its your podcast, I felt several points in the assistant coach soap opera podcast were glossed over. The most egregious IMO was the ending where Jon says something like "...and Beau Corrales and Gavin Holmes knew what was going on and so this cost us those two recruits as well, any way, Exile Brewing ad and cut..."

It felt like the fallout that these shenanigans cost us deserved a bit more. I'm not asking for a three hour verbal whipping of two coaches who aren't there to speak for themselves but talk about going the complete opposite of that. Dang.

I do appreciate that Deace keeps you honest a few things.

1) Brian Ferentz can be not unqualified for this job and it still be nepotism. That's what Deace was getting at. If someone blind submits Brian's resume with the names and teams redacted to any other B1G coach they would laugh. That doesn't mean he's going to fail, that doesn't mean he was in NO way qualified. It means he was barely qualified and got the job because... dad. That's nepotism. Nepotism doesn't mean hiring your unqualified relatives, it just means favoring them.

2) Thanks Deace for unequivocally calling out how completely asinine our no visits policy is.

I would take issue with saying it's fair to redact the names of teams on Brian's resume. Saying you were the TE coach for the New England Patriots when their tight ends were developed into the best tight end unit in all of football is something that should definitely be on ones resume and not be redacted from. That's what resumes or for. And having things like that on your resume is what gets you jobs like this, among other things.

Guys, the negativity on this board about BF is getting old. Nepotism, unqualified...who cares. You guys are looking at this all wrong. This is a win win situation. If he succeeds, great. If he doesn't, more than likely they're both gone. Win, win! And I'm not sure why you'd want Jon to elaborate more on the assistants. Its pretty cut and dry as to what happened. No need to shed more light on a negative, isolated incident. They're gone. Let's move on.
Thanks Mary

Old? Already? This is just the beginning, just wait until we have 260 total yards in a game and lose 13-10......

Doesn't not work that way. Both of them are here long-term whether they win or lose.

True, but a couple sub 7 win seasons would shorten things. A couple below 6 wins in the next 2-3 would shorten it more. But you're correct, the contract buyout basically ensures at least 2-3 more years for KF.

Idk, he seems to be more qualified than Tee Martin was when he took over the OC job at one of the most prestigious universities in the country last season.

Did Tee Martin's Dad hire him?
Did the university interview other candidates for the job or did they just give the job to Martin without talking to anyone else? (like Iowa did with BF)

Did Tee Martin's Dad hire him?
Did the university interview other candidates for the job or did they just give the job to Martin without talking to anyone else? (like Iowa did with BF)

HF was the type of coach to hire an unknown. KF has not shown that propensity to either hire unknowns or to develop coaches.

Back to the OP... who the freak cares if it's nepotism or not? If it works great for us and if not he'll be out the door in time meaning there will be an entirely new staff.

I just want to win as much as possible and play good football so if Kirk can get that done hiring a chimp or Mary Ferentz as OC I really do not care.

How bad will our offense have to be for Brian to lose his job?

Brian would have been better served if Iowa had opened up the position, interviewed candidates and then make a decision. There would still be people uncomfortable with the hire but at least they would have gone through the correct process.

Time will tell on if BF is the man, but the reality is this KF will give BF the amount of time he needs no matter WHAT.. That's a FACT..

Latest posts