Did anyone else see Chad Leistikow's DMR Article?

That's what I've been saying too. All those off season quotes about how we will surprise people and players being walking buckets. Turns out it's because they practice against our defense. Fran thinks we are 13 deep because Uhl can go off for 30 every other practice.

Explains why Ogelsby was such a helluva shooter in practice!

Explains why Ogelsby was such a helluva shooter in practice!
tenor.gif

Just throwing this in a thread. Listened to a portion of the latest OnIowa podcast and one of casters said Maishe Dailey isn't fast. This is another reason I don't a lot of respect for a lot of Iowa sports journalists. Of all players to say isn't fast, this idiot picks probably the quickest/fastest player on the team.

Especially concerning when you consider the fact that the last several years the NCAA championship teams have been in the top 10 defensively in the country.

And the fact in the last several years the best teams in the BIG have been defensive minded teams.

A good solid PG is another thing all these championship teams have in common. One that is the team leader on the court.

Iowa has neither of these qualities right now.

No way in the world would Fran ever admit to this.. If this question was asked, he would laugh it off as ridiculous..

Funny how some people dont understand the reasoning for asking. Not like the journalist pulled this ? Out of the air.

Fran would have to rebute a statement from a forner player that was stated in the press. Two very different situations and significant.

Funny how some people dont understand the reasoning for asking. Not like the journalist pulled this ? Out of the air.

Fran would have to rebute a statement from a forner player that was stated in the press. Two very different situations and significant.
True. It has to be asked.

If Fran laughs it off and says, "of course we practice D" when they don't -- there's 15 guys who will know if it's true.
If it isn't true -- then there's 15 guys who will know if it's true.

I think they practice D but it's not as impactful as the drills to shoot around on O practice. Plus I can guarantee you that what D they are practicing the players are not understanding. The coaches need to make it easier to understand otherwise it's a waste of time. It even might be that the coaches are not all on the same page with how to teach the D which is the biggest concern of all since they have been together this long. Not a good sign no matter how you sum it up.

Latest posts