Deuce Hogan...

Gotta think the kid's going to bail before next football season. He was super all-in on the Hawks ever since his recruitment days, and was as bold as it gets predicting that he was going to come in and make big waves. His last tweet back in June was him saying that he was signing off temporarily and his next tweet would be one announcing his draft declaration.

Kurt Farence has pretty much chosen Petras as his go to and we all know what the chances are of a returning starter at QB getting passed over. Hogan isn't a kid who's going to want to sit for two more years (3 straight), especially when Padilla is #2 on the depth chart.

I'm guessing he's gone before spring ball. Too bad he wasn't born two years later; he really sounds like he wanted to be a legacy Hawkeye and was 100% bought into the program.
I agree this is Kirk being Kirk and the one spot never really open is the QB spot. Again the ONLY time a change occurred was when he was basically publicly shamed. Look what happened 12-0 and a yard from a CFP birth.

I also think the Padilla kid is going to say what am I sticking around for? We could get really thin at QB really quick but then that would make it easy for Kirk to stick with Petras.

So...Hogan will still be essentially a true freshman. We know nothing about where he is, how he's performed...what he's good at, what he has mastered with the offense...yet he's gone. OK.

I'm pretty sure, if KF and BF are telling him it's an open competition and he legitimately has a chance to win the competition (it won't happen in the spring...but could in the fall)...then he ain't going anywhere. He seems like a pretty level headed young man...who isn't afraid of competition and believes in himself. I guarantee he's just focused on getting better.

We really haven't had any QB controversy in the Brian Ferentz era...or even before with CJ and Nate...and now Spencer. It's just been really clear who the best option was. Petras just had growing pains...as all QB's do. He's the definite front runner...that's for sure. Six in a row...wins at Penn State, and against Wisconsin...nixing some tough stretches against both of those teams. Petras deserves and has earned the #1 designation.

I will tell you, I anticipate some interesting discussion/comments from KF/BF in the Spring / Fall if Hogan makes a move or impresses. I think you have to let them compete...tell Petras it's not personal...but you have to give everyone an opportunity. It will make them both better.
I agree with you but I don't think the QB situation is really open. I don't think they go in to Spring Ball going ok everyone has a clean slate. What they're going to do is we know Spence is good at X,Y,Z he's not very good at A,B lets see if we can get him better at that....which they should as coachesl BUT they are going to say Hey Deuce keep playing the scout team QB for us c'mon baby. IT IS fair to tell Deuce if you want to win the job here's what we need to see and if he isn't doing that or being serious in the classroom he'll transfer back to a school in TX where they don't care about your academic progress.

I want a QB we feel confident in going into the 4th qtr. CJ, Stanzi, Banks, Tate.
Don't think I put NS in that Category. Petras aint there yet.

I agree this is Kirk being Kirk and the one spot never really open is the QB spot. Again the ONLY time a change occurred was when he was basically publicly shamed. Look what happened 12-0 and a yard from a CFP birth.
Agree. Need I remind everyone of McCann over Banks and Christenson over Stanzi?

Gotta think the kid's going to bail before next football season. He was super all-in on the Hawks ever since his recruitment days, and was as bold as it gets predicting that he was going to come in and make big waves. His last tweet back in June was him saying that he was signing off temporarily and his next tweet would be one announcing his draft declaration.

Kurt Farence has pretty much chosen Petras as his go to and we all know what the chances are of a returning starter at QB getting passed over. Hogan isn't a kid who's going to want to sit for two more years (3 straight), especially when Padilla is #2 on the depth chart.

I'm guessing he's gone before spring ball. Too bad he wasn't born two years later; he really sounds like he wanted to be a legacy Hawkeye and was 100% bought into the program.
You had better hope you are wrong, like so many times before

Latest posts