Desmond King Not Happy

Jerry McGuire's a great movie and I always loved Top Gun, but like a lot of A-list actors I think they reach a point where they become bigger than the roles they play and either just get into character or simply become so loathsome in real life that you just can't see past it to enjoy them playing a particular role. I felt like this about Tom Hanks after the 80s when he was outstanding in the Burbs, Big, and Joe Vs. the Volcano and Jim Carey about 1/3 of the way through his career.
Never could get into anything about Top Gun. Risky Business-I was watching Rebecca DeMornay too much to notice Cruise. He was OK in Born On Tne 4th Of July. Couldn't stomach the Mission Impossible movies, or A Few Good Men, because of Cruise. Same thing with Knight And Day.

But,just my opinion. He was outstanding in Jerry Maguire. Perhaps Cameron Crowe deserves some credit.

Never could get into anything about Top Gun. Risky Business-I was watching Rebecca DeMornay too much to notice Cruise. He was OK in Born On Tne 4th Of July. Couldn't stomach the Mission Impossible movies, or A Few Good Men, because of Cruise. Same thing with Knight And Day.

But,just my opinion. He was outstanding in Jerry Maguire. Perhaps Cameron Crowe deserves some credit.

In my opinion, Cruise's best work was in Tropic Thunder. I didn't realize it was him at first. His portrayal of Les Grossman...was priceless.

Jerry McGuire's a great movie and I always loved Top Gun, but like a lot of A-list actors I think they reach a point where they become bigger than the roles they play and either just get into character or simply become so loathsome in real life that you just can't see past it to enjoy them playing a particular role. I felt like this about Tom Hanks after the 80s when he was outstanding in the Burbs, Big, and Joe Vs. the Volcano and Jim Carey about 1/3 of the way through his career.

Tom Cruise is basically the same character in every movie. He is arrogant and cocky at the beginning of the movie, gets humbled in the middle and “figures it out” at the end.

Fighter pilot, sports agent, lawyer, etc. he is the same dude in every movie.

Latest posts