Desmond King Not Happy

Most NFL guys who complain about playing time are like "Angry Young Guy" from this classic Jim Rome rant. They have no self awareness as to their actual skill level or weaknesses and no regard for things like trying to rest a guy or playing fresher legs later in the game as part of a macro strategy.

There are certainly cases where a NFL team will intentionally sandbag a guy to try to keep him from hitting a stat threshold for a bonus or to try to make him just a bit cheaper when contract negotiations are up, but if you ain't on the field in some key moment in week 2, there's probably something more going on. The teams chew up and spit out coaches like it's going out of style and coaches have EVERY incentive to win every single game, so there is no doubt that the staff ain't sandbagging in that situation.

In Fairness to WInOneThisCentury he did get drafted after he left Michigan. That said he also got a slumber party and pillow fight with Harbaugh himself so I see it as a wash.
Okay let me clarify...

Show me one NFL player who wasn't an elite talent who improved his position by publicly bitching about playing time and making threats to leave.

Okay let me clarify...

Show me one NFL player who wasn't an elite talent who improved his position by publicly bitching about playing time and making threats to leave.

You're good. Just couldn't pass up a chance to take a cheap shot at Mr. Slumber Party.

You're good. Just couldn't pass up a chance to take a cheap shot at Mr. Slumber Party.
2bTj.gif

Show me one instance where a guy who wasn't elite-level talent (Desmond King is not) improved his situation by publicly bitching about playing time and threatening to "do something" about it.

Legarette Blount walked out on the Steelers and ended up getting a ring with Patriots.

If feels like there is a track record with the Patriots of picking up these type of guys. Or vice versa they get rid of these type of guys and they end up a Bengal.

Not sure I have to think about it.

Oh geez.... Didn't know he was his agent. So yeah there's a better chance Rosenhouse stole his phone and tweeted that out for him then he telling him to not do it again...

I like everything I've heard of Lynn over the years. He seems like a strait shooter. Players have all seemed to like him. Can't say I've heard anything to the contrary on him.

It's pretty disappointing that it's King doing it. He never lead us to believe he'd be that guy. The fine line of wanting to compete and play and be out there for your team is being walked by him with also being a team first guy.... How you communicate that (over twitter) is more important then what you even say if the intent is the same.

I like everything I've heard of Lynn over the years. He seems like a strait shooter. Players have all seemed to like him. Can't say I've heard anything to the contrary on him.

It's pretty disappointing that it's King doing it. He never lead us to believe he'd be that guy. The fine line of wanting to compete and play and be out there for your team is being walked by him with also being a team first guy.... How you communicate that (over twitter) is more important then what you even say if the intent is the same.

Right, but it could have something to do with the snake, I mean agent, in his ear. I wouldn't put anything past Drew "the snake" Rosenhaus and the fact he obtained that nickname in an industry full of bottom feeders says a lot.

Well...

If he was unhappy with his snaps after the Kansas City game, I can't imagine how he feels after Carolina. Recorded no stats, can't find evidence if he was even active for the game.

Right, but it could have something to do with the snake, I mean agent, in his ear. I wouldn't put anything past Drew "the snake" Rosenhaus and the fact he obtained that nickname in an industry full of bottom feeders says a lot.
Rosenhaus was an advisor to the Jerry Maguire movie. Bob Sugar's character was patterned heavily after Rosenhaus, especially the scene where Sugar signs Kush out from under Jerry by convincing Kush's family that Denver didn't like dealing with Maguire.

Last edited:
Rosenhaus was an advisor to the Jerry Maguire movie. Bob Sugar's character was patterned heavily after Rosenhaus, especially the scene where Sugar signs Kush out from under Jerry by convincing Kush's family that Denver didn't like dealing with Maguire.

I saw that too, dude's one of the biggest snakes in a market full of them.

I saw that too, dude's one of the biggest snakes in a market full of them.
I personally think Tom Cruise is the most overrated actor of the last half century. But he nailed his role in Jerry Maguire, with help from Renee Zellwiger and Cuba Gooding. Definitely on my Mount Rushmore of all time favorite sports movies.

And yes,Rosenhaus is one oily bastard.

I personally think Tom Cruise is the most overrated actor of the last half century. But he nailed his role in Jerry Maguire, with help from Renee Zellwiger and Cuba Gooding. Definitely on my Mount Rushmore of all time favorite sports movies.

And yes,Rosenhaus is one oily bastard.

Jerry McGuire's a great movie and I always loved Top Gun, but like a lot of A-list actors I think they reach a point where they become bigger than the roles they play and either just get into character or simply become so loathsome in real life that you just can't see past it to enjoy them playing a particular role. I felt like this about Tom Hanks after the 80s when he was outstanding in the Burbs, Big, and Joe Vs. the Volcano and Jim Carey about 1/3 of the way through his career.

Latest posts