Derrick Mitchell

RobHowe

Administrator
Former Hawkeye RB involved in serious car accident during the weekend according to several social media posts by his teammates.

If you have some room, please keep him in your thoughts. Sounds bad.

Former Hawkeye RB involved in serious car accident during the weekend according to several social media posts by his teammates.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully it's not a Howard Moore situation.

Wow. After Damon Bullock passed not that far back. Hopefully Mitchell can pull through, but it's been a rough few months for that group of RBs. Prayers to their teammates as they deal with something like this again.

Is Mitchell playing somewhere this year? Or was it some former teammates that were posting?

No. Calloway was in 2016, Sash in 2015.
Sash and Roy Marble in the same week.

Roy passed on my fiftieth birthday. In addition to seeing many his games I got to meet Roy once, at Dubuque Wahlert high school when he was helping Acie Earl run his ill fated basketball camp. (I met Acie, Kenyon Murray and Brian Garner at that same camp).

I was sitting in the bleachers talking 1980's Iowa basketball with one of the best players of that era. Was that cool or what?

Latest posts