Derrick Mitchell transferring

True, but you have a seemingly quality, versatile skill player, especially when uber thin at WR, the logjam theory isn't enough reason not to find a way to use him.
He tried WR. He got moved to RB for a reason.
Ask Parker how the transition from RB to Wr is working out.

I liked him, I thought he could have played a significant role next season. He will be missed.

----------I know we aren't supposed to say things like this, but losing this guy really hurts our National Championship chances.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Funniest post of the year thus far

88 from the Packers is a pretty good WR/RB transition guy...also back to WR duty if needed...

Pretty good rule...earn your degree...go to a school where you are wanted and can play...almost makes too much sense for the NCAA to keep in place.

But there I go, using logic to try to understand KF and the NCAA...

Here is a crazy thought. Play Wadley and Mitchell together in 3rd down situations flanking the QB in the gun. I saw OU do this often with Mixon and Perine. Iowa obviously lacks play makers on the outside, and Wadley can't do everything for this team next year unfortunately. This is the whole get your best players on the field logic.

EXACTLY. Remember against Illinois when they put Wadley AND Daniels on the field at the same time? And Daniels took it some 70 yards to the house? What a crazy and wacky idea to put as many play makers on the field at the same time!

Hope Mitchell finds success wherever he ends up. Shame the coaches couldn't find a way to use his RB/WR skill set when we clearly have gaps right now.

Good luck Mr Mitchell to wherever you land. We will miss you next year for sure. One of our bigger wastes of ability I've witnessed in past 6 years or so.

Good luck Mr Mitchell to wherever you land. We will miss you next year for sure. One of our bigger wastes of ability I've witnessed in past 6 years or so.

Hard to 'get better', 'move forward' when always injured... this was as much an issue w/ Mitchell as it was w/ Scheel. Many times no one really knows until 6mos - 1 yr later how injured a player really is/was or how much the players 'lost' or didn't quite return to their pre-injury form

I intend to keep an eye on this kid. I think he will really help someone. I appreciate all the time and effort he put into the program. Thanks DMX

EXACTLY. Remember against Illinois when they put Wadley AND Daniels on the field at the same time? And Daniels took it some 70 yards to the house? What a crazy and wacky idea to put as many play makers on the field at the same time!

Hope Mitchell finds success wherever he ends up. Shame the coaches couldn't find a way to use his RB/WR skill set when we clearly have gaps right now.

You mean to keep the defense guessing on who might get the ball?? Ludacris

Supposedly, he was dinged up a bit early in 2016, but who knows. He was definitely dinged up in Spring, possibly in camp.

Which begs the hypothetical question: you own a sports bar-restaurant. You only have so many shifts to fill. Two waitresses are available for one prime shift.

One waitress is decent looking, pleasant to customers, quick and efficient and shows up on time, every time. She helps out with "theme" nights, is a good sport about dressing for those nights, etc.

The other waitress is hot, has huge juggs and gets the eyes looking on "theme" nights with racy costumes. But? She calls out three times a month. She does great one weekend, then feels "not up to par" the following weekend. Her ankle gets gimpy on the busy nights. But she's great on "Two-for-one Shots" night. But the other waitress is top-notch on EVERY shift. Still, this waitress does come through in a pinch.

You, as the owner, have a choice to make as to who will get the prime/busy shifts versus "fill-in". The rest of the waitresses (sexist, no waiters in this mythical restaurant...) do their jobs, don't screw up and have excellent attendance and on-time records.

Judging by this site, a healthy portion will say, "But...have you seen those juggs?! They're HUGE! Look at how they bounce on Football Night! And that ASS? OMG!"

I'm certainly sorry it didn't work out for DMX the way he probably wanted. But Wadley is getting the prime shift, as it were. Toks has shown he can play. It would seem DMX doesn't see himself moving up to starting RB next Fall. And maybe 2nd-string isn't worth it for him to stay here.

I must of been watching different games than you hawkeye Bob because I don't remember any game that Toks was in that he did something that made me say Wow.

It amazes me the juggernaut that Mitchell is being made out to be here. He is basically Damon Bullock. He knows what he is supposed to do and he has a versatile skill set. He has never shown the ability to be a dynamic play-maker like Wadley or Daniels were this year. He would have been a helpful piece next year, but this is hardly a devastating loss. I hope he ends up somewhere that allows him to go out with a satisfying senior year.

Supposedly, he was dinged up a bit early in 2016, but who knows. He was definitely dinged up in Spring, possibly in camp.

Which begs the hypothetical question: you own a sports bar-restaurant. You only have so many shifts to fill. Two waitresses are available for one prime shift.

One waitress is decent looking, pleasant to customers, quick and efficient and shows up on time, every time. She helps out with "theme" nights, is a good sport about dressing for those nights, etc.

The other waitress is hot, has huge juggs and gets the eyes looking on "theme" nights with racy costumes. But? She calls out three times a month. She does great one weekend, then feels "not up to par" the following weekend. Her ankle gets gimpy on the busy nights. But she's great on "Two-for-one Shots" night. But the other waitress is top-notch on EVERY shift. Still, this waitress does come through in a pinch.

You, as the owner, have a choice to make as to who will get the prime/busy shifts versus "fill-in". The rest of the waitresses (sexist, no waiters in this mythical restaurant...) do their jobs, don't screw up and have excellent attendance and on-time records.

Judging by this site, a healthy portion will say, "But...have you seen those juggs?! They're HUGE! Look at how they bounce on Football Night! And that ASS? OMG!"

I'm certainly sorry it didn't work out for DMX the way he probably wanted. But Wadley is getting the prime shift, as it were. Toks has shown he can play. It would seem DMX doesn't see himself moving up to starting RB next Fall. And maybe 2nd-string isn't worth it for him to stay here.

Wow, you put a lot of thought into that analogy. I like it because I am trying to envision what the waitresses look like in your scenario.:)

It amazes me the juggernaut that Mitchell is being made out to be here. He is basically Damon Bullock. He knows what he is supposed to do and he has a versatile skill set. He has never shown the ability to be a dynamic play-maker like Wadley or Daniels were this year. He would have been a helpful piece next year, but this is hardly a devastating loss. I hope he ends up somewhere that allows him to go out with a satisfying senior year.

The Bullock comparison is fair.....I just think there was something there. Other than Canzeri and T. Smith he was the guy getting positive yards in the B1G title game. You could very well be right and I just got caught up in the DMX hype.

I was hoping Mitchell would take Daniels' roll as the other main RB. Wadley isn't an every-down RB. If KF does put make him be one, he may make it out of the non-conference season, but he won't last long in the B1G. Iowa is going to need somebody else to be productive there.

Here is a crazy thought. Play Wadley and Mitchell together in 3rd down situations flanking the QB in the gun. I saw OU do this often with Mixon and Perine. Iowa obviously lacks play makers on the outside, and Wadley can't do everything for this team next year unfortunately. This is the whole get your best players on the field logic.

boys, boys, boys.... come on. It's all about ball control. Why be so aggressive and risky?

I was hoping Mitchell would take Daniels' roll as the other main RB. Wadley isn't an every-down RB. If KF does put make him be one, he may make it out of the non-conference season, but he won't last long in the B1G. Iowa is going to need somebody else to be productive there.
They won't have Wadley avg over 20 touches a game I don't think but it'll be close... They'll get Toks his fair share of touches with a sprinkle of Young. He may get the short yardage touches since he's the stockier of the 3. Wadley I hope will be used in a lot of ways so he's not just slamming it up into the line. I want him getting tackled by safeties and corners not Dlineman and LBs

I think Wadley can be an every-down back. I don't think he has shown anything to lead us to believe he is more vulnerable to injury than any other back. However, I share your concern about his workload next year. Ferentz teams have shown a propensity to ride a single RB when there is only one with experience. It would be a shame if Wadley was given 30+ touches in games when he is really not needed that badly. Hopefully they will be creative next year in getting him the ball in ways that he can have maximum impact while not creating a dangerous workload. I still think he would be a great "Wildcat" QB, with Parker coming across on the fly-sweep and Toks beside him to run read-option. Stanley could be out on the perimeter beating people up as a blocker.

Latest posts