Delano Hill "looking around"

Um, false. JVB had a very good year under O'Keefe last year. Under a normal progression, he would have tightened up in those road games and won 9-10 games this year, but Davis is just that bad.

james sucked last year, he sucked this year, he sucked in 2009. his should not be a big ten QB. unfortunately, we had three recruiting misses at QB over 2 years. that doesnt happen often.

james home/road splits were skewed by playing terrible teams at home. he was also throwing to the best WR in iowa history. anyone who uses stats to defend JVB clearly knows very little about playing the QB position.

nice kid though.

I agree that we are really paying for those less than stellar recruiting classes from those 2 years, but what about the clock management issues that Kirk has never been able to figure out? Or not having recovered the last 3 onside kicks that have come our way (that's not a coincidence after 3 times..)? Or not knowing when a fake is coming and putting the special teams group in a prevent defense? I could go on and on, but you get the point. These are all coaching issues, and they're not acceptable IMO, and the issues I mention should have been shored up a longgg time ago. Those are not talent issues.

It's all about the coaching staff putting the team in the best position to win, and I think our staff fails at that consistently, and miserably. That's part of the frustration you are seeing, and it looks like you don't have an eye for that, obviously. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you're not involved in coaching.

Or not having any semblance of a two-minute drill.

Hill is projected as a safety by Rivals. He supposedly has 4.4 speed. Well, Iowa won't turn him into any good kind of cornerback.... Maybe pass receiving is in his future at Iowa?

Get Tanner Miller out and get Hill in the lineup from Day 1. Having a true frosh at free safety is scary, but its not any scarier than Tanner Miller.

james sucked last year, he sucked this year, he sucked in 2009. his should not be a big ten QB. unfortunately, we had three recruiting misses at QB over 2 years. that doesnt happen often.

james home/road splits were skewed by playing terrible teams at home. he was also throwing to the best WR in iowa history. anyone who uses stats to defend JVB clearly knows very little about playing the QB position.

nice kid though.

You could make the point that he's not as good as his 2011 stats might indicate. But you don't just "luck" into 25 TDs vs 7 INTs if you "suck". The kid has ability.
If the dropoff from last year to this year doesn't tell you something about our OC, you've got your head somewhere the sun doesn't shine...regardless of how much you know (or think you know) about playing the QB position.

9YRPLAN has to be optimistic because he has nothing else. Some people are Iowa fans because they lived in Iowa or went to Iowa. 9YR is an Iowa fan because he's stuck in Iowa. He's a lifer townie, and not by choice.

oh, well im a fourth generation iowa grad and a fifth generation *** kicker.

It's called Iowa Western, you're not fooling anyone. And the fact that your kin has been stuck in the same dirt patch pounding on each other since WWI does not impress me.

I thought Kirk would automatically pull an offer from a kid who decide to "look around". Not the case now?

I believe the protocol as of late with Ferentz is that if you are going to date someone (while engaged to us) then we will date others as well. Michigan and Brady Hoke, on the other hand, have a bit more leverage so they pull scholarships.

Look for new names to start appearing at DB in the Hawk recruit list if danger lies ahead with Hill........or any others as far as that is concerned.

nice kid though.

LOL sucked last year....

Latest posts