Delano Hill "looking around"

fire kirk! fire barta! i demand satisfaction!!!

What the hell are you even talking about?? Way to go way off topic.

So you're drinking the kool-aid and most people around here aren't? Good for you for being a Ferentz loyalist and not realizing that there are some serious problems within the Iowa football program.

Being critical of how some things are run within the program is one thing, and I think it shows that you care (granted some people care wayyyy too much and it gets to the point of being lunatic-ish). But being a blind follower of Kirk is another. If you don't realize that some things definitely need to be changed/revamped/looked at, then you're either related to Ferentz (or butt buddies w/him) or just not very bright.

i am loyal to iowa and i want to see us win.

i also have the ability to look at our roster and see talent while not contemplating suicide.

i also have the ability to look at our roster and see talent while not contemplating suicide.

Way to over-dramatize it. You're the one going to extremes here, obviously.

Easy one for ya here- Do you or do you not think that some changes and/or adjustments need to be made to the football program to get us going back in the right direction? Or is everything just hunky-dory?

Yeah right super fan. You're probably just a taverk Hok from Wilton who barely follows the team and doesn't know the problems.

Way to over-dramatize it. You're the one going to extremes here, obviously.

Easy one for ya here- Do you or do you not think that some changes and/or adjustments need to be made to the football program to get us going back in the right direction? Or is everything just hunky-dory?

i know that we are developmental program and that we are seeing the results of 2 consecutuive awful recruiting classes.

after that, the staff made some fundamental changes which included being a lot more aggressive with early offers and it resulted in 3 consecutive classes that were in the top half of the conference and as high as #4.

it takes a couple years for anyone to know what a particular class is going to bring to the table and we will start to see those results in the 2013 season. the only glaring weaknesses should be DE, WR and S, but we have enough athletes at DL and CB that we should be able to put 4 very capable players on the field at any given time. given our depth at TE and lackluster history at WR, that position doesnt concern me as much.

i know that we are developmental program and that we are seeing the results of 2 consecutuive awful recruiting classes.

after that, the staff made some fundamental changes which included being a lot more aggressive with early offers and it resulted in 3 consecutive classes that were in the top half of the conference and as high as #4.

it takes a couple years for anyone to know what a particular class is going to bring to the table and we will start to see those results in the 2013 season. the only glaring weaknesses should be DE, WR and S, but we have enough athletes at DL and CB that we should be able to put 4 very capable players on the field at any given time. given our depth at TE and lackluster history at WR, that position doesnt concern me as much.

What's this "we" stuff you're talking about?

Awful recruiting classes mean nothing because we have Doyle. Our results right now are squarely on the shoulders of fans who demanded O'Keefe be replaced. Deal with it. The longer folks pretend that Greg Davis is even a mediocre offensive coordinator, the longer our program will suffer.

i think that davis probably sucks, but weve also only seen one year of his offense and it revolved around an FCS talent at QB.

i think that davis probably sucks, but weve also only seen one year of his offense and it revolved around an FCS talent at QB.

Um, false. JVB had a very good year under O'Keefe last year. Under a normal progression, he would have tightened up in those road games and won 9-10 games this year, but Davis is just that bad.

I agree that we are really paying for those less than stellar recruiting classes from those 2 years, but what about the clock management issues that Kirk has never been able to figure out? Or not having recovered the last 3 onside kicks that have come our way (that's not a coincidence after 3 times..)? Or not knowing when a fake is coming and putting the special teams group in a prevent defense? I could go on and on, but you get the point. These are all coaching issues, and they're not acceptable IMO, and the issues I mention should have been shored up a longgg time ago. Those are not talent issues.

It's all about the coaching staff putting the team in the best position to win, and I think our staff fails at that consistently, and miserably. That's part of the frustration you are seeing, and it looks like you don't have an eye for that, obviously. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you're not involved in coaching.

Latest posts