Declaring

Dude should have changed his name. All he needed to do was remove the I and change the Z to an S.
Remember his pancake of the Nebby defender who prematurely celebrated what he thought was a stop before the whistle blew.

Biadasz gave no quarter on a basketball court either. My nephew and many of my oldest boy's friends/classmates played against him in middle school tournaments. Tyler and Garrett Groshek were on the same Amherst team. Nate Stanley played for Menomonie.

So to summarize, the declaring period is over and the hawks have lost AJE, Wirfs, Stone, and TYoung, correct?

Per 247Sports, here are the Big Ten players going early

Epenesa - Our Hawkeyes.
Stone
Wirfs
Young

Betiku - Illinois

Biadasz - Wisconsin
Cephus
Taylor

Dobbins - OSU
Okuduh
Young

Gross-Matos - PSU
Hamler

Leake - Maryland
McFarland

Lumor - Rutgers

Peoples-Jones - Michigan
Ruiz
Uche

White - Michigan State

Winfield -Minnesota

Iowa Wins!

Per 247Sports, there were 135 early declarers last year, 44 went undrafted - 32.5%. That's higher than I would have guessed.

Per 247Sports, here are the Big Ten players going early

Epenesa - Our Hawkeyes.
Stone
Wirfs
Young

Betiku - Illinois

Biadasz - Wisconsin
Cephus
Taylor

Dobbins - OSU
Okuduh
Young

Gross-Matos - PSU
Hamler

Leake - Maryland
McFarland

Lumor - Rutgers

Peoples-Jones - Michigan
Ruiz
Uche

White - Michigan State

Winfield -Minnesota

Iowa Wins!

Per 247Sports, there were 135 early declarers last year, 44 went undrafted - 32.5%. That's higher than I would have guessed.

Stone and Young may well be part of that thirty two point five. Gotta think men.

Etienne at Clemson is a bit of a surprise for me.

I applaud him for being loyal to the team and wanting to compete for a championship, but he's more than ready for the NFL, and running backs have a short half-life. Gotta cash in when you can, especially RBs.

Hopefully, he worked out a solid insurance policy.

I applaud him for being loyal to the team and wanting to compete for a championship, but he's more than ready for the NFL, and running backs have a short half-life. Gotta cash in when you can, especially RBs.

There has to be some money changing hands there, right?

due to the number of backs declaring is it a better option to wait another year and be either #1 or #2 for backs as opposed to being further down the line? I am not intune with the contract pay scale but if he is pushed out to the 2nd or 3rd round this year as opposed to first round next year. He would lose that extra year in the pros but the pay difference may make up for that, don't know just thinking out loud.

I don’t think we can count Young as an early entrant. He was a backup and I think even he knows he doesn’t have a realistic shot to get drafted. I think he was just ready to graduate and see what’s next.

I don’t think we can count Young as an early entrant. He was a backup and I think even he knows he doesn’t have a realistic shot to get drafted. I think he was just ready to graduate and see what’s next.

I think he has a shot to join a team as a Late pick or a FA but that is only if he switches to fullback. As a running back he lacks the breakaway speed and lateral moves. I like his running style and hands and with a background in a pro style offense could get some attention especially how Iowa guys have been reported as being coach able and having a good football IQ, just needs to be the right system like everyone else.

Uh.. he's cashing in at Clemson, believe me

Latest posts