De'Andre Johnson Charged with Disorderly House Last Night

Disorderly house??? Seriously? What's next they are going to start reporting when players get speeding tickets or a seat belt violation?

You never know what a Disorderly House ticket means. Except that it is a simple misdemeanor and amounts to nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

I received a disorderly house ticket in 2004 about 3 months before I left for the Army. Had a pretty big party and some neighbors smelled something funny in the hallway and decided to call the po po. The cop that came was an Army Veteran and let everyone leave without writing a ticket and gave me a Disorderly House because it was my place... got pretty lucky.

Just saying there is a chance the cops were nice on them and let them go easy with a disorderly house. In Iowa City that isn't likely, but it's possible. Hopefully it was just a noise complaint, but regardless it's a slap on the wrist. Will probably miss a half or something.

Its nothing.
Got 4 disorderly house tickets while at Iowa. One for playing video games at 6:30 in the morning before an Iowa game and being too loud, one while sleeping and my roommates partying, and the other two well deserved. They really are no big deal though.

Excerpt I pulled from a Google search...

Noise/Disorderly House.

It is a simple misdemeanor (punishable with a fine of $65 to $625 plus surcharge and court costs) to keep a "disorderly house." Under Iowa City City Code section 8-5-5, a "disorderly house" is:

No person shall permit or suffer to continue, without taking legal steps to prevent the same, any quarreling, fight, disorderly conduct, or other conduct or condition that threatens injury to person or damage, or loud, raucous, disagreeable noises to the disturbance of the neighborhood, or to the disturbance of the general public, upon a premises owned by the person or in the person's possession.

For purposes of this Section, "to the disturbance of the general public" includes the disturbance of persons beyond the subject premises and/or
to the disturbance of person upon public places, including peace officers.

My house is kinda disorderly. There should be a gub'ment program to help me and De'Andre. I blame society for ignoring us and our problem.

So is mine. Although, with the daughter away at camp for a month we are finding out more and more that is mostly her stuff as get more order in our house.

I live nearby, and I caught some video before the cops arrived...

2427120_o.gif

I'm afraid we have a traitor in our midst....lurking here on HN...one of us is actually UI PD.....who is it?

This charge is minimal. Very insignificant.

http://www.icgov.org/site/CMSv2/file/offCampus/idaf.pdf

Noise/Disorderly House. It is a simple misdemeanor (punishable with a fine of $50 to $500 plus surcharge and court costs) to keep a "disorderly house." Under Iowa City City Code section 8-5-5, a "disorderly house" is:
No person shall permit or suffer to continue, without talking legal steps to prevent the same, any quarreling, fight, disorderly conduct, or other conduct or condition that threatens injury to person or damage, or loud, raucous, disagreeable noises to the disturbance of the neighborhood, or to the disturbance of the general public, upon a premises owned by the person or in the person's possession. For purposes of this Section, "to the disturbance of the general public" includes the disturbance of persons beyond the subject premises and/or to the disturbance of person upon public places, including peace officers.

Disorderly house charges in Iowa City are stupid. I got one for a party that had somewhere between 5-7 people. We were listening to music at 11PM using iPod dock speakers.

Silly that anyone even cares about such a minor thing .

Latest posts