Darrell Wilson to Rutgers

First of all, it's been widely speculated for quite some time that these guys would be gone. So it isn't like Ferentz just told Wilson he's out.

Second, if I'm the kind of guy who prefers to sit back and think through a very important decision in a thorough manner should I make a quick decision just because that would appeal to the fans? Sorry but that idea is ridiculous. We all know Ferentz takes his time when making a decision. I dont know about you, but if that's what makes him feel the most comfortable with the situation then I'd prefer it that way. Sure it would be nice to know, but what good does that do? Football doesn't start for a long time and there is a TON of coaches out there. If you are butthurt because you don't know what's going on then that's your own problem. By now you should expect this.

Personally I'd like to see the $4 million man step outside of his comfort zone for once. Isn't that what got us to this point? Comfort in doing the same shiat over and over despite it clearly not working?

Personally I'd like to see the $4 million man step outside of his comfort zone for once. Isn't that what got us to this point? Comfort in doing the same shiat over and over despite it clearly not working?

Adaptability would be a nice change of pace.

So you'd like to see him just hire someone on a wim and not think twice about it? Got it. Go from a 4-8 season to replacing half of your staff with people that you took zero time to find anything about. Makes perfect sense.

I'd prefer he takes his time and makes sure he's doing what's in the best interest of his future and the future of the program. To each his own I suppose.

So you'd like to see him just hire someone on a wim and not think twice about it? Got it. Go from a 4-8 season to replacing half of your staff with people that you took zero time to find anything about. Makes perfect sense.

I'd prefer he takes his time and makes sure he's doing what's in the best interest of his future and the future of the program. To each his own I suppose.

What does going out of his comfort zone have to do anything you said?

Sheagle didn't say anything about hiring a coach on a wim or not taking his time. What would be nice is changing things in his system that clearly aren't working.

Try a running QB, try working on clock management.

I don't disagree but it seems just like a few years ago people were ******** about our coaches sucking and being here forever and how we need new blood. That started to happen last year and again this year but now it's that the program blows and those same "crappy" coaches are jumping ship. Too funny.

True, but there's some middle ground between no turnover and all the sudden 7 out of 11 position coaches leaving (Counting Erb & Morgan).

True, but there's some middle ground between no turnover and all the sudden 7 out of 11 position coaches leaving (Counting Erb & Morgan).

Tuba, it just seems people demanded change, then once it is here all they do is complain and say "little too late" or "look, coaches are jumping ship".

To all the KF haters, he can't do anything right. Until he is fired or retires, everything he does is wrong in their minds. It is settled, regardless of what happens in the future because there will always be something they will complain about.

New coaches means we'll be unpredictable. Look on the bright side--other teams won't a clue about what kind of team we'll have.

Tuba, it just seems people demanded change, then once it is here all they do is complain and say "little too late" or "look, coaches are jumping ship".

To all the KF haters, he can't do anything right. Until he is fired or retires, everything he does is wrong in their minds. It is settled, regardless of what happens in the future because there will always be something they will complain about.

I've said all along this is a no-win for Kirk. He gets criticized either way. The better question is what is fair to expect from this point forward?

Does KF get another pass this year because of all the new coaches? At what point can it be determined if problem is at the top?

If the team wins 8 or 9 this year, then KF looks like a hero. If we go 6-6 or worse it's because we have new coaches. Can we all agree that 2014 should be the make or break year for KF?

The better question is what is fair to expect from this point forward?

Very little, at least next year.

Does KF get another pass this year because of all the new coaches? At what point can it be determined if problem is at the top?

Yes. Give it another year to determine the success of all the changes.

If the team wins 8 or 9 this year, then KF looks like a hero. If we go 6-6 or worse it's because we have new coaches. Can we all agree that 2014 should be the make or break year for KF?

Probably.

People demanded change at the top! If that happened, these changes would naturally occur.

The reason people are complaining is that these changes are meaningless window dressing and, for the most part, involve the wrong coaches. They will have little to no bearing on reversing the philosophical stagnation and strategical imcompetence because these aren't the coaches responsible for the stagnation and failures!

It's ignorance to claim, "regardless of what happens ..." because it's just so myopic. Trust me, "the haters" don't hate for no reason. If these firings / resignations turn out to be the right moves and, most importantly, the blunders are eliminated (i.e. the product on the field performs with competence and competitiveness because it's properly prepared and put in the best position to succeed) there will be fewer haters. If all this happens to actually result in W's (even just the reasonable W's), there will be virtually zero haters.

People demanded change at the top! If that happened, these changes would naturally occur.

The reason people are complaining is that these changes are meaningless window dressing and, for the most part, involve the wrong coaches. They will have little to no bearing on reversing the philosophical stagnation and strategical imcompetence because these aren't the coaches responsible for the stagnation and failures!

It's ignorance to claim, "regardless of what happens ..." because it's just so myopic. Trust me, "the haters" don't hate for no reason. If these firings / resignations turn out to be the right moves and, most importantly, the blunders are eliminated (i.e. the product on the field performs with competence and competitiveness because it's properly prepared and put in the best position to succeed) there will be fewer haters. If all this happens to actually result in W's (even just the reasonable W's), there will be virtually zero haters.

I know what you are saying I agree, I want changes at the top too but that isn't going to happen, KF is here for atleast 2-3 more years at minimum. It just gets old listening the same old tired arguments whom most (all) of the people have no bearring on when those types of decisions are made.

I've said all along this is a no-win for Kirk. He gets criticized either way. The better question is what is fair to expect from this point forward?

I am with you it's a no-win for Kirk, pretty much what we saw last season anything less than 8 wins is a huge disappointment for next season after all the whole thing about last season was to build up, so lets see what was built. I expect 6 wins minimum, every year. Anything over 8 is gravy.

I am giving him a pass for this next season, maybe too. But after that, if Iowa isn't winning 8 wins every year, I want to see what someone else can do.

2014? Yes, I agree Tuba that is the year. But then again, ask me after '13 season if Iowa wins less than 6 I might have different answer.

Some people demanded change at the top. Most did not. It is very natuarl to have mass turn over when both corridnaters change. It doesnt meen all the position coaches were bad coaches. But there were without question a coach or two that wasnt on the same page last year, they had to go. As far as next year expectaions I think we need to see good results on all of this. Are we heading in the right direction ? I still think 7-9 wins is possible if a few things go our way. As horrible as last year was look back at the scores we were close in most games.

Since the end of last year:

OUT
KOK (OC)
Norm Parker (DC)
Kaz (DL)
Campbell (WR)
Wilson (DB)

That's five of the nine FT position coaches.

That's huge turnover. With turnover comes a period of time where they need to get settled in and all working together. Expect growing pains with mistakes, inefficiencies, miscommunication, etc. combined with the team we currently have... Things are not good in Hawkeye land. You wanted change, you got it. Enjoy[/QUOTE]

Of those, which of the 9 did KF want out, meaning they were directly asked to find a different opportunity/ told there would be no spot for them/ straight up fired?

What does going out of his comfort zone have to do anything you said?

Sheagle didn't say anything about hiring a coach on a wim or not taking his time. What would be nice is changing things in his system that clearly aren't working.

Try a running QB, try working on clock management.

Did you notice what he highlighted from my previous post? He was referencing the part where I said I'd prefer Ferentz takes his time and makes a decision he's comfortable with. If we're talking in-game decision making then I completely agree... some things need to be adapted. But I was talking about his decision making in regards to coaching hires.

I don't disagree but it seems just like a few years ago people were ******** about our coaches sucking and being here forever and how we need new blood. That started to happen last year and again this year but now it's that the program blows and those same "crappy" coaches are jumping ship. Too funny.

Also on the recruiting front both Woods and BF have been mentioned as big reasons why guys came here this year. So yes it should only get better but I think we are already starting to see the signs of it working.

I've never thought they were jumping ship. I've always thought they weren't good. I totally believe they were all fired.

FreedComanche

Nah, let's just keep up with the status quo. It's working out wonderfully for us. Wouldn't you agree? Obviously I wasn't implying he pull a number out of a hat. What I'm saying is what's he's comfortable with ain't f'n working.

I'm always surprised Wilson stuck here as long as he did when you take into account Wilson ended up at Iowa after Alverez fired him after one season with the BADgers. Especially when you add in the cluster**** of a special teams Kurt has had under Wilson and Erb.

It was just absolutely disgusting because it was bad so often.

FreedComanche