Dantonio

I thought I saw some ISU guy saying yesterday he'd been reached out to already... If that's true he musta been #1 on their list. Kinda wish he'd go just to piss of ISU fans. I don't think he'd move the needle much at MSU

Funny thing is it said Matt Campbell's "people" said he was contacted by MSU. Kind of like a hey boys look at me, people are interested.

Was just going to say that. It would be absolutely hilarious to watch CryFan burn to the ground if MSU bought him out, which would obviously never happen at that amount of money.

Their level of insecurity every time something opens is fun to watch. They know he is going at some point. Whether NFL gig or higher level NCAA team.

Iowa has 84 scholarships handed out by my count. There's gray area there because we don't know if another walk-on has been given a scholarship since the end of the season. I don't know if there is anywhere on line to find a scholarship data base and it's a fluid situation anyway.

If a player is signed with another program, he cannot be contacted. If it's only a verbal commitment, other schools are free to recruit.

Is Gersonde back on track to play or is he a potential medical deal?

Funny thing is it said Matt Campbell's "people" said he was contacted by MSU. Kind of like a hey boys look at me, people are interested.
He just got his new deal not too long ago so I'm not sure if he'd be posturing for a raise at all right away. But nothing would surprise me anymore. Some of those guys just like seeing their names being brought up all the time.

Do they even have anyone worth snagging? I'm not too up on their roster or recruiting class. That stud DE they had would have been but he may have been a SR and done I bet.
IIRC, there was a WR from Minneapolis that Iowa was interested in who committed to MSU, but I don't think he ever visited us.

If he decides to go elsewhere, I would have to assume that Minny would be the most likely scenario, unless the coaches aggressively pursue him. In that case, you never know.

IIRC, there was a WR from Minneapolis that Iowa was interested in who committed to MSU, but I don't think he ever visited us.

If he decides to go elsewhere, I would have to assume that Minny would be the most likely scenario, unless the coaches aggressively pursue him. In that case, you never know.
If there's one position group for Iowa that's pretty full it's the WR room. Unless someone is transferring (I wouldn't be surprised if around springball or a little after someone does) I don't think Iowa is shopping for any transfer WRs.

If there's one position group for Iowa that's pretty full it's the WR room. Unless someone is transferring (I wouldn't be surprised if around springball or a little after someone does) I don't think Iowa is shopping for any transfer WRs.
Yeah, I don't see it happening either, but I believe that is the only guy committed to MSU in which we were involved (which is unusual, as typically the two programs butt heads on the recruiting trail).

He didn't do anything. He said so himself, and I believe everything he says. Also, the allegations/problems with the program had nothing to do with his retirement. He evaluates where the program is every February and he decided this was the perfect time he step down. It had nothing to do with the fact that it was the day after his NCAA violations were made public.

I am not a fan of Dantonio by any means, but on the other hand I don't want to see his legacy tarnished by a scandal either.

Next guy at Michigan State will be a transitional guy. I would give a new coach three years tops before he is out. There's just too much shit smell hanging around the MSU athletic program right now. That smell is going to cling to anyone that takes the job.

yeah, i would think an established coach would see this as a risky job as it's possible sanctions come down. now, whether that happens or not and what they might be is not known. but if i was an established HC, i wouldn't want to take on that kind of unknown.

I am not a fan of Dantonio by any means, but on the other hand I don't want to see his legacy tarnished by a scandal either.

In this case, I have a feeling that his legacy was tarnished by a number of scandals. This just happened to be the one that he couldn't sweep under the rug quick enough.

I always thought Dantonio always looked like Frederick March. Both good actors? :)

iu

ChicagoTribune just had a piece featuring a 20-year B1G official dishing on some of the conference coaches. If you are wondering, Pelini was the worst, and he wasn't too keen on Harbaugh. Lots of respect for Fitz, KF, Chryst...and somewhat surprisingly for Dantonio.

Q: Pat Fitzgerald?

A: Total class act. Another one is Kirk Ferentz. He sent a note to the Big Ten office congratulating me on a wonderful career. Paul Chryst. So many wonderful, decent people. Mark Dantonio gets a tough rap because he’s such a curmudgeon. He’s such an overt, blatant, obvious crab. But I’m crabby, too, and I can respect that. I’ve had a wonderful relationship with Mark Dantonio. The last time I had him, I walked in (and) said, “Hey, Smilin’ Mark, how’s it going?” I got a chuckle out of him.​

No surprise. Guys like Fickell and Campbell are only going for absolute top tier jobs. They ain't taking some dumpster fire.

Latest posts