Dantonio

Rumblings at Michigan as well. They are hesitating in renewing Harbaugh's contract.

I certainly appreciate the stability and continuity at Iowa.

All I know is somebody at Iowa better be doing their homework on recruits. And everyone on that team just got immediate transfer eligibility.

He had a good run. Couple of bad seasons at the end. But looks like there are a lot of problems at Michigan State. We will see how many of the problems he gets caught up in.

All I know is somebody at Iowa better be doing their homework on recruits. And everyone on that team just got immediate transfer eligibility.

We just had the one dude leave us last year and go there. And I bet maybe Rocky Lombardi is wishing he had signed with us.

Problem is that we've only got one available scholarship to give right now.
Where's the best place to find the breakdown? I was looking at BHGP but with their listing plus the ones leaving, my math was coming up with 88 which is obviously way off.

Matt Campbell perfect candidate. Squeaky clean and could recruit the heck out of Ohio where he is from.

He would probably be on their "A" list but do they have that much cash on hand to afford the buyout? I could see them tapping Pat Narduzzi on the shoulder to see if he is interested given his previous success as DC at MSU when they had some really salty defenses. He's also been decent at Pitt as HC.

Last edited:
Next guy at Michigan State will be a transitional guy. I would give a new coach three years tops before he is out. There's just too much shit smell hanging around the MSU athletic program right now. That smell is going to cling to anyone that takes the job.

He would probably be on their "A" list but do they have that much cash on hand to afford the buyout?
Even if they did there’s no way anyone’s gonna pay a $6 million buyout plus $4-5 million per year (he’s making $3.5 at ISU and no way he leaves for less money) for a fuckin’ dork with a .500 conference and overall record over four years in the shittiest P5 league.

If he’s still slightly better than mediocre when his contract gets close I can see him leaving because someone could pick him up cheap, but not with that buyout plus his lackluster record.

Do they even have anyone worth snagging? I'm not too up on their roster or recruiting class. That stud DE they had would have been but he may have been a SR and done I bet.

Matt Campbell perfect candidate. Squeaky clean and could recruit the heck out of Ohio where he is from.
I thought I saw some ISU guy saying yesterday he'd been reached out to already... If that's true he musta been #1 on their list. Kinda wish he'd go just to piss of ISU fans. I don't think he'd move the needle much at MSU

He had a good run. Couple of bad seasons at the end. But looks like there are a lot of problems at Michigan State. We will see how many of the problems he gets caught up in.
He didn't do anything. He said so himself, and I believe everything he says. Also, the allegations/problems with the program had nothing to do with his retirement. He evaluates where the program is every February and he decided this was the perfect time he step down. It had nothing to do with the fact that it was the day after his NCAA violations were made public.

He didn't do anything. He said so himself, and I believe everything he says. Also, the allegations/problems with the program had nothing to do with his retirement. He evaluates where the program is every February and he decided this was the perfect time he step down. It had nothing to do with the fact that it was the day after his NCAA violations were made public.
Waiting for the idiot who can’t register sarcasm...

I’m assuming it’s not legal for coaches or staff to reach out to any of these kids, but if they formally cancel their commitments is it fair game at this point?

Also, @SpiderRico mentioned Iowa only has one available scholarship, is there anywhere online to see the breakdown? I’m not doubting it, but the only place I saw was at BHGP and what they had listed didn’t add up.

Iowa has 84 scholarships handed out by my count. There's gray area there because we don't know if another walk-on has been given a scholarship since the end of the season. I don't know if there is anywhere on line to find a scholarship data base and it's a fluid situation anyway.

If a player is signed with another program, he cannot be contacted. If it's only a verbal commitment, other schools are free to recruit.

Latest posts