Dale Jones

And then along came Jones. Welcome aboard Dale. If you read message boards don't pay attention to the cyclone trolls that come here wishing to be relevant. HAWKEYE NATION IS GLAD TO HAVE YOU!

So just because my opinion is based on the talent they have and what analysts have said and recruiting sites rank them, I'm negative for thinking they won't go 40-0? My opinion is based on what I've read and heard from Miller, Doc, and others on Iowa and looking at what the other teams across the Big Ten bring in (better talent) and return (Iowa does have 4 starters). This class LOOKS athletic but does that mean they are game changers? This class is ranked at bottom of Big Ten for some reason. It's going to have to be a "prove it" class. I don't question they guys Iowa has returning. I've been a big defender of Woodbury while others absolutely hammer him. He is who I expected him to be - defensive difference maker and not an offensive juggernaut.
I'm going off what I've read and heard on this class. I have not seen them play. Some fans act like this class is amongst the best in the Big Ten. I certainly hope it is. Many believed Dickerson would be All Big Ten this year too.

Well 9 times out of 10 a #1 ranked juco pg will be much better than that.

When comments about someone's race as it relates to performance that is clearly racist. A good player is a good player irregardless.

Jones is still getting comfortable coming off knee injury in Sept 2013 that cost him 2013-14 season. Excited to have him in IC

Jones' coach commented last week that he has a rule that he doesn't allow players to commit without first taking a visit to campus, so I think he's been in the fold for sometime now. I started a thread about him over a month ago when his name popped up on twitter saying he was going to Iowa and there was a thread older than that too on HN talking about him.

This is the recruit that I am most excited about in this class. He put up solid numbers against good competition and should be able to step in next year and be our #5 or #6 man. It would seem as though every other recruit is a "project" of sorts. Let's hope Dale is the missing piece to next year's senior laden team and he can keep us in the NCAA tourney conversation.

Jones' coach commented last week that he has a rule that he doesn't allow players to commit without first taking a visit to campus, so I think he's been in the fold for sometime now. I started a thread about him over a month ago when his name popped up on twitter saying he was going to Iowa and there was a thread older than that too on HN talking about him.
That's strange to me because the kid is from Waterloo. What are the chances he's never been to Iowa City?

I think he should have stayed at his old school for 2 more years so he wouldn't have to be a thug.

I think i do. When ISU gets transfers they are thugs, when Iowa does they are not. Seems pretty simple to me really.

You ISU fans really need to get over the whole thug thing. The butthurt is still rampant despite the thug label not being thrown around since the Royce White days. Sure, an internet poster will throw the word out there occasionally, but Iowa fans have accepted that Fred's recruiting strategy has worked and dropped the thug label. Plus, Jones isn't a transfer, he's a JuCo. White, McKay, etc. are transfers.

I think i do. When ISU gets transfers they are thugs, when Iowa does they are not. Seems pretty simple to me really.

We have been over this before. White, Allen, Lucious, Kane, & BDJ = Thugs.

Why does ISU fan get so butthurt about being Tranfer U? That is a label given my the national media and ESPN.....

I figured since he said "at least we aren't the whitest team anymore" he was stereotyping that black players are better. The question should be is it stereotyping when it's factually correct.

Yeah, this is the way 'PC' people spin it for low info types.

BUT------if it were reversed, you know PC types would be
playing their race card.

That's why I don't give a d*** what color a player is...........all the same.

PC don't like that............hmmmmmmm.........

Yeah, this is the way 'PC' people spin it for low info types.

BUT------if it were reversed, you know PC types would be
playing their race card.

That's why I don't give a d*** what color a player is...........all the same.

PC don't like that............hmmmmmmm.........