Dale Jones

Was really hoping Fran would land an IMMEDIATE IMPACT 5th year transfer instead. The last JUCO Iowa got was a complete bust. He was even a JUCO AA and #1 ranked PG. Iowa's class is near the bottom of the Big Ten. No impact guys. The depth of experience on this team is not good. At least they won't be the whitest team on the court though.

Yeah, we should have added a 5th senior to next year's class instead of putting a quality player in the junior class with Jok. And not you, me or anyone else knows where this class will rate until 2 or 3 years from now. I'm pretty happy with the bottom of the barrel Big 10 class we just graduated...that tied for 3rd in the conference with a 1st team all conference player and the 6th man of the year.

So just because my opinion is based on the talent they have and what analysts have said and recruiting sites rank them, I'm negative for thinking they won't go 40-0? My opinion is based on what I've read and heard from Miller, Doc, and others on Iowa and looking at what the other teams across the Big Ten bring in (better talent) and return (Iowa does have 4 starters). This class LOOKS athletic but does that mean they are game changers? This class is ranked at bottom of Big Ten for some reason. It's going to have to be a "prove it" class. I don't question they guys Iowa has returning. I've been a big defender of Woodbury while others absolutely hammer him. He is who I expected him to be - defensive difference maker and not an offensive juggernaut.
I'm going off what I've read and heard on this class. I have not seen them play. Some fans act like this class is amongst the best in the Big Ten. I certainly hope it is. Many believed Dickerson would be All Big Ten this year too.

You're hoping this class will fail...like pretty much every other Iowa State fan.

This article describes Hutton as a 4 star. I haven't been able to find any current highlights but he's always been described as a work in progress, offensively. I hope this means he's made great strides on offense because his defense is reported to be excellent!

And welcome aboard DJ! This kid might have the best shot of breaking into the starting line up at the 4 if Fran doesn't like JU or DU there. But, this kid should get heavy minutes, regardless.

Was really hoping Fran would land an IMMEDIATE IMPACT 5th year transfer instead. The last JUCO Iowa got was a complete bust. He was even a JUCO AA and #1 ranked PG. Iowa's class is near the bottom of the Big Ten. No impact guys. The depth of experience on this team is not good. At least they won't be the whitest team on the court though.

You'd better not watch then if Fleming takes the starting gig from Jok at some point.

I'd have to say that in terms of pure athletic ability, e.g. jumping and dunking ability, this class is one of the most athletic classes ever, overall.

[/B]
You'd better not watch then if Fleming takes the starting gig from Jok at some point.

I'd have to say that in terms of pure athletic ability, e.g. jumping and dunking ability, this class is one of the most athletic classes ever, overall.

Well I don't know about most athletic ever as Iowa one year had what many thought was a top five in the country class coming in. That was the year that Luke Transfered over from Indiana and Glen Worley came as a highly touted Freshman recruit. Glenn ended up being average at best. So until we see these kids in action we won't know. The JC point guard we picked up last year came in ranked as an All-American JC point guard and had he measured up we could have given Wisconsin a run for their Money and saw our first final four in thirty-five years. I certainly hope your right but to be honest about it, it's highly likely that none of the B1G teams with the top five recruited classes in the B1G coming in next year would even consider swapping out their recruits for ours. This in a way is a testament of the great coaching job Fran is doing or how poorly and inaccurate the recruiting analysis is..... or both. :)

I love how we can have a new guy start at the 2,3, or 4 and be fine. If a guy like Jones or Wagner are the real deal, they can play the 4 and Uthoff can stay at the 3. If Hutton looks good he can start at the 3 and Uthoff can play the 4. If one of the other guys step up, they can play the 2 and Jok can move to the 3. There is so much flexibility in this roster that it's very unlikely we won't be able to always have a good team on the floor.

I love how we can have a new guy start at the 2,3, or 4 and be fine. If a guy like Jones or Wagner are the real deal, they can play the 4 and Uthoff can stay at the 3. If Hutton looks good he can start at the 3 and Uthoff can play the 4. If one of the other guys step up, they can play the 2 and Jok can move to the 3. There is so much flexibility in this roster that it's very unlikely we won't be able to always have a good team on the floor.

True, but most B1G teams are good and some are great. I think it's IOWA's TIME to have a GREAT team on the floor. Let's hope it's this year.

It wasn't public but I believe Jones has been a Hawkeye for a long time. I really believe that people will be saying "where did this guy come from?" or "how did the elites miss out on this guy?" Guys, he is really good. And he's ours.

'The whitest team' on the court????
Why is racism allowed on the HN Board"

WTF ???
This poster is a POSER..........ridickulous CRAP

I'm not even sure it's stereotyping. If someone took the time to go through every D-1 roster, we might have been one of the "whitest teams on the court". It's not racist to say that a white man is white. Our best player's last name was actually White.

I'm not even sure it's stereotyping. If someone took the time to go through every D-1 roster, we might have been one of the "whitest teams on the court". It's not racist to say that a white man is white. Our best player's last name was actually White.

I figured since he said "at least we aren't the whitest team anymore" he was stereotyping that black players are better. The question should be is it stereotyping when it's factually correct.

Latest posts