Dakich thinks Iowa Could be a Top 10 Team

The NBA changed their rules similar to what college is doing now. Guess who played in the NBA Finals? The San Antonio spurs, known for solid defense.
Obviously you know that there is more than one way to play great defense. Before the NBA rule changes, the Pistons and Pat Riley's teams used flat out thuggery to play great defense. That style is pretty much gone from the NBA now. Some argue that the defenses of MSU and Wisconsin are closer the the Pistons or Riley style than the Spurs style. Yes, teams like MSU can adjust, but I don't think it's a 100% guarantee that they will continue to have great defenses.

I'm very wary of this. After rereading Dacrotch's piece, I think he is getting in one more dig for his good pal Alford by blowing smoke up Iowa fans' collective behinds. If and when Iowa stumbles this season, Iowa fans will feel the pain of unrealized expectations and will be less likely to gloat about what very likely will be a difficult season for Alf.

Well I definitely played basketball and know the rules and fundamentals of the game. Basically what you are saying is that any player or teams that play good defense are now going to suffer, in effect defense suffers. That simply isn't true. Good defense will still be successful and IMO Craft will excel at playing "good" defense and adjusting his game.

The NBA changed their rules similar to what college is doing now. Guess who played in the NBA Finals? The San Antonio spurs, known for solid defense. The good individual defenders in the NBA game were still good defenders after they instituted rules changes. Players adjust, teams adjust but defense will still be played

The Spurs haven't been known for defense for awhile now.

Latest posts