Daily Iowan Hating on KF and Iowa FB

Tork is the kid's real name and he's named after former Hawkeye Tork Hook...he gets a pass...this time...

My cool handle would be "El Diablo Blanco"...so people would not only read my work, but fear me as well...it's a win/win!

HaHaha , My handle is Frito Bandito, OH YEAH!

I understand the protect the herd mentality, but it is certainly not out of line to offer the opinion that Iowa football has had a ton of problems with the law, and too many non-drinking offenders. To argue otherwise is plain foolish.

douglas_cash.jpg

Yeah, I understand the urge to protect but to do so by trying to dismiss the author by saying that's she's prolly just some fat b1tch that needs to get laid is the absolute lowest common denominator.

YOu should be banned for not using either JonDieselMiller or El Diesel(Spanish for The Diesel).

What are you talking about? I assume from your support of a fellow MS-13 gang member that your problems extend way beyond anti-social netiquette.

What are you talking about? I assume from your support of a fellow MS-13 gang member that your problems extend way beyond anti-social netiquette.

You are el racist pendaho. Its sad that you are allowed on this site. Show some respect. Viva Le Diesel.

Molly is likely just getting her digs on all the oppressors to boost her standing among her cohorts on campus.

Everyone talks about how the pinnicle conference is the SEC, and in order to compete with the SEC, you have to go head to head with them in recruiting. We are just trying to emulate the SEC by going after all the druggies.

I don't think anybody is arguing "otherwise".

But I do think that #1, her story is a bit tired (going back a year and a half to dig up DJK)

and #2, the problems are not unique to IOWA...or just to football. Indeed, I'd suggest that IOWA runs one of the cleaner overall programs in college football.

Some see the donut, others focus on the hole. She's a "hole" type (interpret that as you wish) ;)

People have been arguing otherwise. You know that.

And #1, she didn't dig up DJK. DJK is in the news this week. The Garmon story also puts it forward. #2, while it is not unique to Iowa, Iowa is not one of the cleaner programs in football. That's ludicris. We are clean in academics, we are clean in recruiting, but we are dirty with the law.

It is what it is.

And #1, she didn't dig up DJK. DJK is in the news this week. The Garmon story also puts it forward. #2, while it is not unique to Iowa, Iowa is not one of the cleaner programs in football. That's ludicris. We are clean in academics, we are clean in recruiting, but we are dirty with the law.

It is what it is.

While I don't disagree, how do you propose we filter out kids that smoke pot or break the law? Does the program need stiffer regulations or do they need to do better background checks?? I guess I just don't see how they could accurately judge what someone is going to do in the future.

While I don't disagree, how do you propose we filter out kids that smoke pot or break the law? Does the program need stiffer regulations or do they need to do better background checks?? I guess I just don't see how they could accurately judge what someone is going to do in the future.

Only recruit Mormons and Amish, problem solved.

I don't care. I don't really have a problem with all of the law breaking. I'm willing to say that we should recruit anyone who can win us games. Whatever we're doing to vet these kids is either broken, or there is something on campus that seems to pull these players in. Probably a little bit of both.

Why are college football coaches given this moral responsibility to make players into better people or whatever? No one else in the college/university community is given this responsibility?

If this girl gets arrested in 1.5 years, or whatever, no ones going to blame her editor at the DI.

I see it this way, a college football coach's job is to teach/coach football well. If a player ****s up on their own time that's on them.

It is what it is.

I understand your point. But do you really believe that Iowa has more players that drink or smoke pot than Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, Oklahoma, USC, etc etc.? That would be the height of naivete'