Daily Iowan Hating on KF and Iowa FB

I understand your point. But do you really believe that Iowa has more players that drink or smoke pot than Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, Oklahoma, USC, etc etc.? That would be the height of naivete'

Im guessing its fairly equal. It would just as naive to think that we have less kids that drink or smoke pot just because they came to Iowa, especially with the amount of arrests/citations this program has seen in the last few years.

It's the police, man. They are after our guys more than the other campus' police. Thought you knew that.

Yeah, they're always obnoxiously dangling bus windows in front of our guys, just to try to get them to bite on the troll.

ajragecomic.png

The article was poorly done. The responses on the DI site were better written and thought out. I especially like the link of one poster to the writers alcohol record on Iowa Courts Online.

Apparently she was allowed to participate in extracurricular activities (the student newspaper) after her brush with the law but Garmon shouldn't be afforded that luxury. Why not?

The article was poorly done. The responses on the DI site were better written and thought out. I especially like the link of one poster to the writers alcohol record on Iowa Courts Online.

Apparently she was allowed to participate in extracurricular activities (the student newspaper) after her brush with the law but Garmon shouldn't be afforded that luxury. Why not?

That is actually hilarious. Well done to whoever posted that beauty.

I don't ever want to see this offender anywhere near the football field.

Some here are missing the point. The problem is not that Iowa football should be immune from criticism with regards to its problems with player legal troubles. The problem is that "article" was poorly conceived, poorly constructed, and extremely poorly written.

That is actually hilarious. Well done to whoever posted that beauty.

Bingo! Hypocrisy as its finest.

Thus her true agenda is revealed. Make points with the anti-jock feminists and East Campus we-resent-the-success-of-the athletic-department faculty. (which no doubt includes someone in a position to enhance her personal academic standing)

That's one of the great benefits of being a journalist. You don't have to have any integrity and are also rarely held accountable for writing an incomplete and or misleading story. Just be sure you attack the politically correct element...and you'll be adored.

Last edited:
Bingo! Hypocrisy as its finest.

Thus her true agenda is revealed. Make points with the anti-jock feminists and East Campus we-resent-the-success-of-the athletic-department faculty. (which no doubt includes someone in a position to enhance her personal academic standing)

That's one of the great benefits of being a journalist. You don't have to have any integrity and are also rarely held accountable for writing an incomplete and or misleading story. Just be sure you attack the politically correct element...and you'll be adored.

You're jumping to even more ridiculous conclusions than she is. At least she's brave enough to put her name on it.

This. He missed the mark pretty wildly.

Tork you should have just avoided this thread like the plague. I doubt you're going to be able to give an opinion one way or the other on this article and not sure you'd want to even if you were able.

Whoever was clever enough to find her police record deserves a gold star though. That's a drop the mic and walk out moment.

Tork you should have just avoided this thread like the plague. I doubt you're going to be able to give an opinion one way or the other on this article and not sure you'd want to even if you were able.

Whoever was clever enough to find her police record deserves a gold star though. That's a drop the mic and walk out moment.

He's well within his right to voice his opinion on the story itself, and I definitely couldn't offer up an opinion on it, even if I wanted to. It was his conclusions about the author I had a problem with.

He's well within his right to voice his opinion on the story itself, and I definitely couldn't offer up an opinion on it, even if I wanted to. It was his conclusions about the author I had a problem with.

Yeah, I mean obviously an "anti-jock feminist" would be working in the freaking sports department, in an attempt to butter up the "resent-the-success-of-the athletic-department faculty".

The pieces fit into place so easily...

She complains about the players Kirk recruits, but many of them had no prior history of trouble. If she suggesting that there is some other way a coach should be able to predict a player's behavior?

Recruit kids who can play, if and when they get in trouble discipline them fairly and swiftly. But I can't hold Kirk responsible for not knowing the future, and player can get in trouble.

It may have been a dumb article to write, but the personal attacks on the girl are quite pathetic.....

Latest posts