• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date

Who wins and by how much?

• Iowa St, by 10 or more

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Iowa St, by10 or less

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
Who does ISU not have playing and how good are they?

They won't have Wigginton, but they do have Lard and Talley back. Lard was expected to be a starter. Not sure if Talley was expected to be a starter but he was expected to see a lot of minutes.

Agree to disagree. We got abused on the road against MSU. Same thing is going to happen against ISU even though we're at home.
Agree to disagree.

Basketball is not static.
Score & game comparison are futile attempts.

Hate coming to the board and rarely post. Just get tired of all the Debbie Downers. Iowa wins this emotional game by 7-10 closing it out at the line. This is a game where each team plays up or down to the competition and is not indicative of the rest of year. Carver should be worth 10 points.

Hate coming to the board and rarely post. Just get tired of all the Debbie Downers. Iowa wins this emotional game by 7-10 closing it out at the line. This is a game where each team plays up or down to the competition and is not indicative of the rest of year. Carver should be worth 10 points.

Lol...No gym is the country is worth 10pts...none...Let alone Carver. Carver might be worth 2-3pts with Vegas.

Big, productive Guards = Bad for Iowa
No JoeW = more Moss and Dailey = more perimeter Frantic ball & poor D.
If Tyler Cook takes a single jump shot, it's over. If Tyler Cook attacks, it'll be a game.
Winnable game if get Jacobson and Lard in foul trouble and play disciplined zone.

Key guys for W: Garza & Cook go for 30 / 20; Baer has a Pitt performance; JoBo hits 4 or more 3's

Short of this, ISU 78 - Iowa 70.

I haven't seen or heard a thing about iswho bb this season, so i really have no take. But it seems that Iowa is not playing well at the moment. Therefore, I will just be a big homer and take the Washed Up Walk Ons way: Hawks by a friggin million.

Big, productive Guards = Bad for Iowa
No JoeW = more Moss and Dailey = more perimeter Frantic ball & poor D.
If Tyler Cook takes a single jump shot, it's over. If Tyler Cook attacks, it'll be a game.
Winnable game if get Jacobson and Lard in foul trouble and play disciplined zone.

Key guys for W: Garza & Cook go for 30 / 20; Baer has a Pitt performance; JoBo hits 4 or more 3's

Short of this, ISU 78 - Iowa 70.
Legit take and conclusion. Save TC taking a single jump shot.

My honest take on Iowa's season so far - I thought Iowa would lose at least 2 or 3 noncon games. Even if they lose to ISU, I think you have to look at it as a successful noncon.

For ISU, they've looked good. However, I have real questions about the quality of teams they've played so far and they are going to have a very young backcourt playing in their first road game.

Iowa does not suck. And it's tough to beat teams that don't suck on the road in college basketball.

For those interested.

Kenpom/Sagarin Composite Comparison:

upload_2018-12-5_9-51-26.png

Kenpom Comparison:

upload_2018-12-5_9-51-43.png

Note that NET is through Sundays games as it hasn't been updated yet.

Summary:
  • Iowa has played the tougher schedule thus far.
  • Both teams have been efficient on offense.
  • Iowa State has been better on defense.
  • Iowa plays a bit faster paced.

Latest posts