Cyclones upping the ante

Clones: this one time... this one guy (they're still talking about Seneca Wallace)

Hawks: body of work over an extended period

Game.

What a fail of a post by TM.

Good luck getting him to admit he's wrong.

Why do sportswriters all want to make the same lazy arguments? Just bend the facts to fit your narrative. What other program in the country would use games from four years ago as an argument that they are improving? Their huge win over Nebraska was followed by three straight losing seasons, yeah really a sign of improvement.

Why do sportswriters all want to make the same lazy arguments? Just bend the facts to fit your narrative. What other program in the country would use games from four years ago as an argument that they are improving? Their huge win over Nebraska was followed by three straight losing seasons, yeah really a sign of improvement.

It's an art sportswriters have to try to master. Spin the story to fit your narrative using whatever evidence you can find. No different than Mandel claiming his Top 5 worst coaches was simply based on performance, yet he couldn't help but mention Ferentz's contract half a dozen times.

Iowa has zero division titles. ISU tied for a share of the 2004 Big 12 North Division title, by going 4-4 in conference, tying them with 4-4 Colorado. Colorado won the tie-breaker, I'm guessing, due to their head to head win, and played in the Big 12 title game.

Yup, got us there, Iowa has not won a division championship in the three or four years that they have played in a conference with divisions. But Iowa has won 13 CONFERENCE championships. Not to mention the 297 times they have been in the AP poll. Or the 37 weeks of top 10 appearances.

The cyclones will go away very soon. Iowa will beat them this year they won't make a bowl game they will lose some of their best recruits and then next year the same thing will happen.

Pretty sure that isu doesn't get to pick the start time of their games. And I guess I have always found it weird that you wouldn't treat every game as your superbowl since they all count the same. To me that would be bad coaching, and horrible to game prep to not have your team excited to play every game, and playing as hard as they possibly can. Especially early in the year when you still have everything to play for. Also.. they are kind of bad a** uniforms

WTF

By the way, those uniforms are not good

Seems you Hawkeye fans forget your on downward spiral. Im aware you don't know a thing about momentum while you riding a six game losing streak and declined in wins every year since 09
Could you inform us of the last time the Clowns had 2 winning records in a row. It's probably hard enough to name one winning season in a row.

Lol The same old tired arguments from HN. That's great your team used to do nice things and win and whatnot, but iowa's relevancy is quickly declining. Well, from the national perspective anyway. Hawk fans may very well be turning into kNU fans, just without the NC's.
With Iowa's relevancy declining and ISU's climbing from Ames to as far away as Nevada.

Seems I struck a nerve. Its so easy picking on Hawkeye fans. You guys are already looking forward to next year and your easy schedule where you might have a snowballs chance in hell to compete in the legends division. You guys bring our division down.
But you're not a Clown fan right. Nebraska?

That is his biggest flaw, he's inconsistent. Now Roads, there's a guy who's consistent, 3 B12 wins a year. You play 8 conference games, he'll win ya 3. You play 9 conference games, he'll win ya 3. Something to be said for consistent performance like that.
But, every college team looking for a coach wants Rhoads. With his record I don't blame them.

I believe what I am reading from clown fans in this thread is that if they had one more loss in the past two years then they would suck. (i.e. 11 wins like Iowa instead of the 12 they had.) Because apparently there is a HUGE difference between sucking and not sucking from 11 wins to 12.

Could you inform us of the last time the Clowns had 2 winning records in a row. It's probably hard enough to name one winning season in a row.
Over all records don't mean anything. Not only did they beat Nebraska 4 years ago and Oklahoma State 2 years ago, but they almost beat Kansas State last year! And KSU's women's basketball team didn't even have a plane crash the day before! That is marked and noticeable improvement that demonstrates Rhoades and Pollard have a plan and executing it to perfection.

The Nebraska game was the biggest fluke ever, 9 turnovers and half of those turnovers were just Nebby dropping the ball with no cyclone defenders anywhere near them......Guys dropping the ball when they were about to score a touchdown.

So one losing season in 6 years shows that Iowa is really bad now but 5 losing seasons in 6 years means that ISU is on the rise and are the superior program. ISU has 3 losing seasons under Rhoads in 4 years. Iowa has had 4 losing seasons under Ferentz in 14 years and that's including the first two when he basically stated from scratch.
If you look at the teams since Rhoads started.
Iowa has more wins the last four years than ISU.
ISU has four straight losing conference records under Rhoads. Iowa only has one losing conference record the last four years.
Iowa has had better recruiting classes the last four years according to rivals. So who has the better program?

Last edited:
Yeah, wins over Nebraska and Okie State don't serve as any kind of evidence for improvement.

I realize a certain portion of the Iowa fan base turns you off, but this is bad.

I will meet you half way on this.....ISU simply hasn't been able capitalize on the opportunities that have presented themselves. After the Okie st. win they were 5-5 had all the momentum in the world..... did not take advantage it. Couldn't ask for better set up in last year's bowl game...... crashed and burned. That is why hawkfan33 "momentum" posts will never get tired because they are just so spot on.

So one losing season in 6 years shows that Iowa is really bad now but 5 losing seasons in 6 years means that ISU is on the rise and are the superior program. ISU has 3 losing seasons under Rhoads in 4 years. Iowa has had 4 losing seasons under Ferentz in 14 years and that's including the first two when he basically stated from scratch.
ISU has four straight losing conference records under Rhoads. Iowa only has one losing conference record the last four years.
Iowa has had better recruiting classes the last four years according to rivals. So who has the better program?

Sense...you make it.

Dude, these are just facts. Who wants to waste their time with these when you are a clown fan? Duh. They are on the rise

images

Latest posts