Cy Kouandjio - Iowa back on the radar

I hope he notes that Bulaga is in the Super Bowl 4 years out of high school, but also that he doesn't pay too close attention to Bulaga getting whipped by the Steelers front 7.
Bulaga will not get whipped by the Steelers front 7. IF he gets whipped by the Steelers front, he won't be alone. The GB game plan will not put BB in a bad way. Quick passes, TE and RB chipping help. Steelers will try to exploit him. He is a rookie. But the Packers know that as well. BB is having a solid year and I expect another solid game from him on Sunday.

Just letting you know that he has had no contact with Iowa for 2 weeks. He has yet to call and say he is still interested...

I think it really depends on how much pull Cooper and Lomax have...

Just letting you know that he has had no contact with Iowa for 2 weeks. He has yet to call and say he is still interested...

He can't as of 1/31 though right? Does he have an Iowa LOI?

vader_NOOOO.jpg

Say he picks iowa.

does he come in as a true freshman and start? And if so, who does he replace that is already a starter?

I doubt he starts, but he could push for backtime at all 4 line positions, and then easily step in when Zus graduates and Reiff heads to the NFL.

There is already going to be some good competition with McMillan, Scherff, and Donnal at tackle, and Blythe and Walsh at OG

He had a comment in the latest Rivals article where he states that the Iowa lifestyle is not for him and he didn't think he'd be able to last for 3 years here.

Well I guess if thriving means getting coached by an NFL caliber coach and being drafted high in the first round, then I guess Iowa really isn't the place for you :rolleyes:.

I'm assuming weather and small town. Sort of odd choice of words but he appears to be struggling with all of this. If he makes it to the NFL, I will enjoy watching him play in Cleveleand, NY, Green Bay, Chicago, Kansas City, Pittsburg, and others through Nov,Dec,Jan.

darn.

His father has reportedly said that Iowa was still being considered, but Kouandjio nixed that idea Thursday afternoon.

"I went down there and I love the football team and the coaches and everything," he said. "But the lifestyle down there, I don't think its for me. I don't think I'd be able to thrive those three years. I don't think so."

What sucks is that Cyrus came and visited pretty much the worst time he could have. Not being able to see a game in Kinnick and everything that goes on around it was crucial.

Of course Iowa was going to seem boring. The only thing they could have taken him to see was a wrestling meet.

Latest posts