Cy Kouandjio - Iowa back on the radar

Interesting turn of events. I don't see how he ends up a Hawkeye, but I couldn't be dissapointed if he did.

I dont really understand this whole deal. I have to wonder how serious he is about Iowa when he didnt even list Iowa in his top three at his presser. I would think he is just deciding between Bama and Auburn right now.

I dont really understand this whole deal. I have to wonder how serious he is about Iowa when he didnt even list Iowa in his top three at his presser. I would think he is just deciding between Bama and Auburn right now.

He might be considering how the Iowa staff will do a great job of preparing him for the NFL

I watched the ESPN signing day/ ignore the big ten special yesterday and this kid seems very smart and also very overwhelmed. I think he is getting a lot of pressure on where to go and he isn't so sure he will let people down around him by picking somewhere he wants to go. That is my opinion.

BTW, ESPN is a joke... the only Big Ten team that got any press was Michigan? Really? A team that is probably ranked in the bottom half of the conference in the last 10 years?

Iowa is the place for this kid. It will be a disaster down there in Alamaba, no matter which school he chooses. Those schools hate each other so much, he will have to deal with constant comments everywhere he goes. Given Iowa has now come back up, I think he ends up in Iowa City, with his teammates. He also seems to be a bit of a confused and quiet young man. It appears from the outsider perspective that he would jibe much better with someone like KF than Nick Saban.

at this point, i'd be surprised if he didn't end up picking iowa. based on what he said about his visit to iowa, what he said was important to him. combine that with some of his friends (assumably) being at iowa and i think he'll end up here.

I said this in a thread earlier in the week- if you want just a LITTLE BIT of an idea of all the crap these bama and auburn fans are giving him, take a look at his facebook page. It is unreal. Auburna and bama fans deserve each other. Both are classless arrogant pieces of crap. Not that the rest of the $EC is much different...

The Dematha kids could be huge in pulling this off!

that is what I am thinking. He had doubts right after he verbally committed...about that time, or a little earlier, Cooper committed to Iowa. He chose Auburn, so playing with his brother really didn't wind up being a HUGE deal...

And since that might not be as big a deal as some made it out to be, I think the friends part comes back into play

Iowa is the place for this kid. It will be a disaster down there in Alamaba, no matter which school he chooses. Those schools hate each other so much, he will have to deal with constant comments everywhere he goes. Given Iowa has now come back up, I think he ends up in Iowa City, with his teammates. He also seems to be a bit of a confused and quiet young man. It appears from the outsider perspective that he would jibe much better with someone like KF than Nick Saban.

+1

If he wants to get away from all of this, come to Iowa. If he choses one of the two Alabama schools the odd man out wont let him hear the end of it.

Also if anyone was listening the Nico radio show last night (hilarious btw), Lomax said Iowa is still in the picture for Cyrus fwiw.

Last edited:
that is what I am thinking. He had doubts right after he verbally committed...about that time, or a little earlier, Cooper committed to Iowa. He chose Auburn, so playing with his brother really didn't wind up being a HUGE deal...

And since that might not be as big a deal as some made it out to be, I think the friends part comes back into play

... i thought this too especially since they all had those kids sitting together with their hats.... probably looked at everyone and saw the 2 most talented kids on his team and thought Why am I not with these guys?

... i thought this too especially since they all had those kids sitting together with their hats.... probably looked at everyone and saw the 2 most talented kids on his team and thought Why am I not with these guys?

peoria - any pics or vids of dematha signing day?

I would even go so far as to say that Auburn is probably out. If you change your mind that fast you must seriously be reconsidering. My assumption (purely speculatory) is that this is between Iowa and Alabama. I can't blame the guy if he chooses either one. Major benefits at each school for him. Auburn was such an illogical choice and I was very surprised. There is also no question that these Maryland boys are working on him.

I don't think we will get him, but I do think we would be a good mix for him. High end football in a premier conference with a stable and sane coaching staff. He would also get to be around familiar faces with Marcus, Jordan, and Darian.

I think he goes to Bama, which is going to be tough after what transpired yesterday...that could be 4 nasty years for the kid in the SEC.

Latest posts