Cuse and Fran back East game thread

I really hate ACC basketball, I'm pulling for all Big 10 teams in this!! Those ACC people are so smug and arrogant when it comes to basketball!

I would have been disappointed had Iowa lost this game, especially after that first half performance. JBo asserted himself and JoeW played a very nice game. Cuse gonna lose a lot of games this year.

Think credibility.

729aeaf396349c7b8c9b25364a39684e.gif

All kidding aside Huck. Iowa beat a team worse than them. This was as bad a Syracuse team that I can remember in quite sometime. A win is a win, but it feels hallow tonight. But, could go some ways towards our NIT bid.

729aeaf396349c7b8c9b25364a39684e.gif

All kidding aside Huck. Iowa beat a team worse than them. This was as bad a Syracuse team that I can remember in quite sometime. A win is a win, but it feels hallow tonight. But, could go some ways towards our NIT bid.

The people who think we suck bad should be impressed with tonight at least. Teams that suck bad don't beat other teams that suck bad by double digits on the road often.

The people who think we suck bad should be impressed with tonight at least. Teams that suck bad don't beat other teams that suck bad by double digits on the road often.
Cuse sucks, but Iowa didn’t even play very well in my estimation. That’s a good sign. Good experience for Joe T as well playing against that zone probably wasn’t a good matchup for him, and he still found a way to effect the game. Same thing with Connor, he didn’t score much but he brought other things.

Last edited:

I thought we flat out sucked after the DePaul game. But, DePaul is proving to be not half bad (understatement).

Then came the Texas Tech game. I thought we showed heart and grit. I think that carried over into the next game, but we ran out of gas against a better team (SDst).

Tonight we should more grit winning short-handed. But this is a bad Syracuse team that has beaten no one. Probably the worse I have seen in quite some time.

If they can have grit and heart, maybe they can get into that NIT conversation. Probably the best we can hope for with this roster and Fran leading them......in year 10.

you two should retire from HN. Garza has 21 with 4:30 to go. And a bunch of rebounds.

JBO 3. 66-47. Iowa. Kiss my ass, haters.
You are a fucking waste of time. Huck, thanks for participating. Have a great rest of your night. Oh, hey, by the way, have you ever watched a girls game? Like Estron referenced Garza seems to be on the floor a lot (just like watching a high school girls game). You're the biggest pot stirrer on this site. Do you even say anything nice? To anyone?

I thought we flat out sucked after the DePaul game. But, DePaul is proving to be not half bad (understatement).

Then came the Texas Tech game. I thought we showed heart and grit. I think that carried over into the next game, but we ran out of gas against a better team (SDst).

Tonight we should more grit winning short-handed. But this is a bad Syracuse team that has beaten no one. Probably the worse I have seen in quite some time.

If they can have grit and heart, maybe they can get into that NIT conversation. Probably the best we can hope for with this roster and Fran leading them......in year 10.
NIT conversation? We have one of the best centers in the conference. We have 3 really good 3 point shooters, 2 of which play really good defense. That's the makings of a pretty damn good team.

Team Caddy and Fran/CM haters need a whole roll of toilet paper tonight. Ha ha ha!
I must live in your pathetic little mind if you're mentioning me over here clown. I never knew you were a Fran bootlicker too. You know jack shit about football or basketball. You're a huge fan of nepotism though as I see you defend CM and Fran like you do KF and BF, and Nate the Great Stanley. This team, with the severe lack of talent and athleticism they possess will be lucky to make the NIT. They beat an absolutely brutal Syracuse team in front of an empty arena, which is what Carver will look like by about halfway through the season. Get back to bootlicking moron.

NIT conversation? We have one of the best centers in the conference. We have 3 really good 3 point shooters, 2 of which play really good defense. That's the makings of a pretty damn good team.

I will eat crow if need be (no worries I feel), but this team is not dancing. I agree, Garza is doing real well and we do have some shooters, but we still lack overall quickness, athleticism, and point guard play. They are also coached by this staff.

Take a look at this. This ranking predictor does not think much of us:
http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_187_Men.html

Let’s not go overboard with the whole playing good defense . The DePaul and Aztecs games were a preview of things to come when the conference play rolls around

Let’s not go overboard with the whole playing good defense . The DePaul and Aztecs games were a preview of things to come when the conference play rolls around

CJ and Wieskamp play good defense. The team as a whole is probably somewhere still below average.

I will eat crow if need be (no worries I feel), but this team is not dancing. I agree, Garza is doing real well and we do have some shooters, but we still lack overall quickness, athleticism, and point guard play. They are also coached by this staff.

Take a look at this. This ranking predictor does not think much of us:
http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_187_Men.html

We do lack all of that. But we have basketball players. Some players are athletes (which is nice) and some players are basketball players (which is just as good). That's what we have. Garza, Wieskamp, Bohannon, and CJ are basketball players.

I really think we have the best scoring center in 30 years at Iowa and the best trifecta of 3 point shooters maybe ever at Iowa. If everyone gets healthy and we have no more injuries the rest of the year (including Bohannon playing) I'd say we have a 70 percent chance of making the tournament. Garza is just too good and the shooters are too good to put the odds any worse.

CJ and Wieskamp play good defense. The team as a whole is probably somewhere still below average.
They give good effort , but they get beat off the dribble by better athletes. Joe T is probably the only player on the roster who can keep a legit Big 10 point guard in front of him

They give good effort , but they get beat off the dribble by better athletes. Joe T is probably the only player on the roster who can keep a legit Big 10 point guard in front of him

Very few players can keep legit Big 10 point guards in front of them. That's what makes themegit players. Wieskamp guarded their best player last night and slowed him down big time. He won't have to guard many more athletic than the kid last night and he was plenty quick enough to guard him well. I understand the whole "he's white so he's not quick theory", but pay attention to the games a little. Wieskamp can guard any 3 out there and CJ can guard most 2s out there.

Latest posts